Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General Boxing (worth mentioning, not thread worthy)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: General Boxing (worth mentioning, not thread worthy)

--- BloJo vs SheFat?

What will boxing come up with next?

Comment

• Didn't anyone watch that Harry Simon Jr fight posted in the video forum? Horrible stoppage by the ref.

Comment

• Ryan Garcia won't fight on Saturday's undercard after his opponent gets arrested

Touted boxing prospect Ryan Garcia (18-0, 15 KOs) from Victorville stepped on the scales Friday afternoon ahead of his clash against Avery Sparrow on Saturday night in Carson, but his opponent was nowhere to be found.

I just want to know where [Sparrow] is at. He talked a lot, and I don't see him here, Garcia said shortly after he successfully made the 135-pound weight limit. I just wanted this fight. Somebody call him. Somebody ring him up. Let's fight. Let's get it on.

Sparrow was not in the building and nowhere ready to fight because he was arrested Friday afternoon by U.S. Marshals hours before their Mexican Independence Day weekend clash at Dignity Health Sports Park.

Sparrow, from Philadelphia, had a warrant out for his arrest stemming from an April domestic dispute in which he allegedly brandished a firearm after a woman threw his clothes out of a window.

Sparrow was not aware that he was in legal trouble until he landed in Los Angeles on Tuesday for his fight. According to Sparrow's Philadelphia-based promoter Russel Peltz, a warrant was never served to Sparrow back home because he was not listed living under any address.

Source/Full story: LA Times

Comment

• Katie Taylor vs Christina Linardatou headline a show in Manchester on Nov 2nd. Linardatou will defend her WBO 140lb strap but her manager Brian Cohen during today's press conference (perhaps having seen Chisora snap a couple of weeks back) voiced his dissatisfaction at the fact that Hearn wouldn't allow the champion a rematch clause in the contract but then successfully insisted on one for the challenger. Hearn didn't deny this but instead tried to suggest that if Team Linardatou are confident in themselves then it shouldn't make a difference. Cohen then retored "Don't be cute with me I'm not the one" as if ready to step outside and settle the issue lol.

If anyone sees a YT interview with Cohen PLEASE let me know

Boxing is a horrible business sometimes, what kind of nonsense is this where the challenger is bullying the champion like this. Making her come to your country, drop the rematch clause, name second on the poster, take the smaller share of the money and give you a rematch clause if you lose, it doesn't sit right with me, especially as Taylor should be fighting Persoon, she shouldn't be fighting anyone else until that unfinished business is taken care of.

Comment

Working...
          X