"Chocolatito" vs. Akira Yaegashi in August

selij

According to Silvio Conrado Jr., attorney for the former two-division champion Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez (38-0), a potential fight with WBC flyweight champion Akira Yaegashi is in the works for a date in August.

http://nimg.sulekha.com/sports/original700/roman-chocolatito-gonzalez-2010-10-24-6-2-48.jpg

Both boxers will be featured in separate fights on April 6th in Tokyo, as part of a plan to build their anticipated fight in August. Gonzalez has yet to finalize the opponent for that date, but Conrado says they are trying to get someone "with characteristics similar to Yaegashi." Yaegashi (19-3, 9KOs) will defend his title on the card against Mexico's Odilon Zaleta (15-3-1, 8KOs).

After his fight yesterday, Yaegashi asked his fans if they wanted to see him and Roman Gonzalez fight, and they answered yes. It is believed they had an agreement beforehand to fight each other assuming they both won at the weekend (which they did).

Source: Nectalí Mora Zeledon

Re: "Chocolatito" vs. Akira Yaegashi in August

According to Silvio Conrado Jr., attorney for the former two-division champion Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez (38-0), a potential fight with WBC flyweight champion Akira Yaegashi is in the works for a date in August.

Source: Nectalí Mora Zeledon

--- Be a great fight to land on UK/US/Euro broadcasts, but likely not.

Shame that, but also Segura and Estrada are going to fight soon, so that'd be great to get an informal round robin going of those guys, 2 Mexicans, a Nicaraguan, and a Japanese all in their primes and natural rivals. I'll move the heavens to figure out how to watch em, bet on it!

Follow this simple process:

Ask Scott.

Problem is that Scott likes to be a dick and keep his Asian based fights to himself. No fucker can be arsed to talk about Kosei Tanaka or Takuma Inoue so he may question whether or not it's worth giving out links to watch guys like Akira

In all honesty Akira gets too easily swollen up around the eyes to be Gonzalez. I've said that since the bout was mooted 8 weeks ago (for those who are calling this news across sites I'm disgusted by your ignorance!) and I'll stand by it. Akira gets stopped with swollen eyes in 7 or 8 rounds, if that.

Problem is that Scott likes to be a dick and keep his Asian based fights to himself. No fucker can be arsed to talk about Kosei Tanaka or Takuma Inoue so he may question whether or not it's worth giving out links to watch guys like Akira

Oh well, forget it then - I'll be watching but he doesn't talk to me, so he'll just have to find his own stream.