5. Guillermo Rigondeaux

6. Tim Bradley

7. Nonito Donaire

8. Mikey Garcia

9. Gennady Golovkin

10. Sergey Kovalev

or something like that!

Re: P4P Top 10 - Ringnews24 needs YOUR List

The current state of boxing has fallen under a cloud thanks to efforts by too many to mention, but special mention to Hayman/GB canned promotions, Nevada "no more rubberstamped fights" commishes, BBB of Cannery fights. Here's my best approximation of top 10:

1. Wlad

2. Nonito Donaire

3. Carl Froch

4. Guillermo Rigondeaux

5. Manny Pacquiao

6. JMMarquez

7 The Three Popcorn Punching Amigos tie for 7th

Tim Bradley

Floydy

Andre Ward

10. Jhonny Gonzalez

I know it's controversial to leave Donaire, Marquez and Martinez out but oh well...

I never had Donaire as high as others did, so it didn't kill me to finally dump him, I think the highest I ever had him was around 8th and that was at a time when most people had him in their Top Five. I still have Martinez in my Top Five but his time is limited and the injuries are obviously catching up to him, I think he's on borrowed time. Roman Gonzalez is in my Top Ten just due to longevity and lack of better options, unless he finally steps it up, then he'll be gone. I look for 2014 to be a real "shakeup" year for P4P.

or something like that!

Rachel-

When you make a bold move like putting Kovalev in there, then stick by your guns......it wouldn't surprise me if he makes it onto a LOT of people's lists in the not too distant future, good call!!!

I never had Donaire as high as others did, so it didn't kill me to finally dump him, I think the highest I ever had him was around 8th and that was at a time when most people had him in their Top Five. I still have Martinez in my Top Five but his time is limited and the injuries are obviously catching up to him, I think he's on borrowed time. Roman Gonzalez is in my Top Ten just due to longevity and lack of better options, unless he finally steps it up, then he'll be gone. I look for 2014 to be a real "shakeup" year for P4P.

Choclatito is supposed to be fighting Juan Carlos Revecco next time out, hopefully that qualifies as a good step back up.

The current state of boxing has fallen under a cloud thanks to efforts by too many to mention, but special mention to Hayman/GB canned promotions, Nevada "no more rubberstamped fights" commishes, BBB of Cannery fights. Here's my best approximation of top 10:

1. Wlad

2. Nonito Donaire

3. Carl Froch

4. Guillermo Rigondeaux

5. Manny Pacquiao

6. JMMarquez

7 The Three Popcorn Punching Amigos tie for 7th

Tim Bradley

Floydy

Andre Ward

10. Jhonny Gonzalez

FROCH at nr.3, ahead of Rigo, Manny and Floyd?!?!:tsk: Never thought I'd see this HERE.

Ha, ha, stuped rather than bold I think Dave. Just something about the way he beats his opposition though. They all look in a state of shock after the fight, as though they've been run over. I rate Stevenson too but am certain Kovalev would hit him at some point and put him out. Hope it happens.

Mayweather

Rigo

Ward

Bradley

Klitschko

Pacquaio

JMM

M.Garcia

Froch

GGG

The whole Bradley-Pac-JMM triangle has become really complicated recently. the Pac-Bradley rematch should clear things up, but what if Pac lights him up again?

1. Floyd Mayweather

2. Andre Ward

3. Juan Manuel Marquez

4. Guillermo Rigondeaux

5. Wladimir Klitschko

This was the Top 5 results we did not long ago.

Long enough ago that Marquez is going to drop a little bit based on the Bradley fight, and Wlad is going to drop like a anchor based on the Povetkin fight :laugh:

Wlad is going to drop like a anchor based on the Povetkin fight :laugh:

--- Glad to see the latest Ring polls with a little more diversity than the standard cut and past media polls. Hopefully means a maturing of the site, but as to Wlad....

Well, more wins than anyone ranked in the top 25 boxrec rankings of any division, and more KOs than any of any of the top 25 have wins of any division save for Popkins who has 54 wins. Thing is when Pops was Wlad's age, he only had notched 43 fights. I never rated Povetkin especially high as the usual suspect ranking orgs, but given the number Wlad did on him no matter how ugly, it was a damn sight more impressive than what Floydy has done his last fights going back forever until poor Giant Baldy whom Floydy dominated without assistance from the ref or judges.

--- Glad to see the latest Ring polls with a little more diversity than the standard cut and past media polls. Hopefully means a maturing of the site, but as to Wlad....

Well, more wins than anyone ranked in the top 25 boxrec rankings of any division, and more KOs than any of any of the top 25 have wins of any division save for Popkins who has 54 wins. Thing is when Pops was Wlad's age, he only had notched 43 fights. I never rated Povetkin especially high as the usual suspect ranking orgs, but given the number Wlad did on him no matter how ugly, it was a damn sight more impressive than what Floydy has done his last fights going back forever until poor Giant Baldy whom Floydy dominated without assistance from the ref or judges.

I still expect to see him in the mainstream media's P4P Lists, but I think those from Fans are going to where he drops the most, LRR. In a way, what you say makes sense and I would expect the fans to be more fickle than the Magazines/ Major Media sites.....the public sours on a guys performance quicker than someone like Ring. For example, they had Shane Mosley still in their P4P LONG after the fans had dropped him.

I still expect to see him in the mainstream media's P4P Lists, but I think those from Fans are going to where he drops the most, LRR. In a way, what you say makes sense and I would expect the fans to be more fickle than the Magazines/ Major Media sites.....the public sours on a guys performance quicker than someone like Ring. For example, they had Shane Mosley still in their P4P LONG after the fans had dropped him.

--- Dave, what you really mean to say is Goldenboy had Mosley in the Ring top P4P, # 5 going into the Floydy fight in spite of a long layoff to rival Floydy's 16 month sojourn!

No different than Ring promoting Guerrero and Alvarez to P4P as soon as Floydy signed to meet them. Wlad's resume blows away everyone else. Unified for years, beating #1 many times, 24-2 in title fights on the eve of tying the Louis record of 26 title wins, with an 80% KO average that also blows away any of his P4P comp not to mention sheer volume of career wins and KOs. Did it the hard way like Manny, fighting in hostile foreign arenas and taking stick from Americans and Brits for having no history of pro boxing in his national and racial lineage.

Funny how quickly Brits and esp Americans dried up and blew away when the K's entered into the picture. Won't see dainty daisies Ward and Floydy taking on those kinds of obstacles, even when they'd get paid a lot more than they might make in their next fight.

Wlad- P4P #1 and you heard it here if not first, at least in detail!

1. Floyd Mayweather

2. Andre Ward

3. Guillermo Rigondeaux

4. Wladimir Klitschko

5. Tim Bradley

6. Manny Pacquiao

7. Juan Manuel Marquez

8. Sergio Martinez

9. Danny Garcia

10. Carl Froch (...George Gro....)

So many tough calls, but that's my current list!