Froch's Arrogance Finds a New Gear

gavpowell

Though I always have and always will love Froch the fighter, he's a bit like Amir Khan in that he always seems so insecure he has to bang his own drum, telling everyone how brilliantly he did.

Now it seems, he's decided to build his own reality.

In an interview with Tris Dixon in Boxing News, Froch says:

He's unlikely to rematch Groves because "Groves had his chance and he blew it"

That he went into the fight at 80% of his best, but he won't say what medical issues affected him.

That "After the knockdown at the end of the round, I went back to my corner with a smile on my face, thinking "this is the best thing that could have happened to me - I was getting reckless"

I have no great problems with the stoppage, I have no great problems with Frioch wanting to get embarrassed again by Ward, but what he's doing now goes beyond arrogance and into a lack of class. I hate fighters making excuses after a bad performance, and for Froch to come out with this crap about enjoying the

knockdown, he might have been smiling 'cos he barely knew where he was!

Full interview is here:

http://boxingnewsonline.net/latest/feature/carl-froch-i-don-t-need-to-fight-george-groves-again-part-one

http://boxingnewsonline.net/latest/feature/carl-froch-i-don-t-need-to-fight-george-groves-again-part-two

Re: Froch's Arrogance Finds a New Gear

I was cringing throughout the post fight interview as he carried on taking jabs at the guy. Then had the arrogance to tell the booing crowd that none of them knew what boxing was really about.

No class, which is why nobody really likes him.

it was great seeing the faces of carls brothers, they where cringing and he kept looking at his mrs after he got hit , probably hated the situation considering he was supposed to flatten groves, it was pathetic watchign his whining and damage control attempts..the rematch probably won't happen because he knows he can't adjust but groves can and knows groves can hurt him, might be feeling a bit cornered now the public will demand he fight groves and his only real option outside of than is another humiliating loss to ward

Though I always have and always will love Froch the fighter, he's a bit like Amir Khan in that he always seems so insecure he has to bang his own drum, telling everyone how brilliantly he did.

Now it seems, he's decided to build his own reality.

In an interview with Tris Dixon in Boxing News, Froch says:

He's unlikely to rematch Groves because "Groves had his chance and he blew it"

That he went into the fight at 80% of his best, but he won't say what medical issues affected him.

That "After the knockdown at the end of the round, I went back to my corner with a smile on my face, thinking "this is the best thing that could have happened to me - I was getting reckless"

I have no great problems with the stoppage, I have no great problems with Frioch wanting to get embarrassed again by Ward, but what he's doing now goes beyond arrogance and into a lack of class. I hate fighters making excuses after a bad performance, and for Froch to come out with this crap about enjoying the

knockdown, he might have been smiling 'cos he barely knew where he was!

Full interview is here:

http://boxingnewsonline.net/latest/feature/carl-froch-i-don-t-need-to-fight-george-groves-again-part-one

http://boxingnewsonline.net/latest/feature/carl-froch-i-don-t-need-to-fight-george-groves-again-part-two

What did I tell ya?! No way is he gonna made look bad again, his ego can't afford it.:ranger:

Always been a swerving wanker and always will be to me. No class. No manners. And unbelievable arrogance. I heard Andre Ward say recently (source unknown but I will try to find it again) - that one of the main reasons Froch never got a rematch was because he has never come out and said "andre, you did me fair and square mate, you were a better man than me on the night, any chance of another go?" - or words to that effect. And that sums Froch's attitude up.

Cant wait for him to get his head knocked off, and I dont say that lightly, or about many men.

Always been a swerving wanker and always will be to me. No class. No manners. And unbelievable arrogance. I heard Andre Ward say recently (source unknown but I will try to find it again) - that one of the main reasons Froch never got a rematch was because he has never come out and said "andre, you did me fair and square mate, you were a better man than me on the night, any chance of another go?" - or words to that effect. And that sums Froch's attitude up.

Cant wait for him to get his head knocked off, and I dont say that lightly, or about many men.

FFS, Sel!! Behave lad!

You may have some personal vendetta against the guy, and for sure he has acted the prick lately, but to call him a "swerver" is a bit ridiculous.

If you define Froch as a swerver then every boxer from the last 30+ years is one too! He's fought every credible fighter around his division!

Apart from giving Dirrell a rematch - who he NO WAY beat but got the hometown [nottm] decision. And rem he refused to fight his mandatory? Adonis Stevenson ?

You're obsessed with a Dirrell rematch - Dirrell has hardly even fought since he faked his way out of the Super Six, swerving his good pal Andre Ward. He's never fought at super-middleweight again since the end of the Super6 and has only fought twice in two years - both times against journeymen.

Some people had DeGale beating Groves, so why isn't Groves a swerver for not rematching DeGale?

Had Stevenson hung around, he would have forced the fight: as I recall he said he had no problem waiting to fight the winner of Froch/Ward, then immediately buggered off to the light-heavyweight division to flatten Chad Dawson.

When I said he was ducking Stevenson, guys like mofo were laughing and calling me various things. NOW I think and hope everybody has realised this by now.

That you were making accusations with no evidence? We realised that ages ago.

Stevenson was the mandatory - all he had to do was wait around for Froch to run out of time to face his mandatory challenger.

He said he would be prepared to wait for the Froch-Kessler outcome(I remember now), then it became no choice but there was a clause that the winner would face him inside 90 days or lose the IBF belt.

He decided he would go up to light-heavyweight, and has been doing very nicely thank you.

Until he beat Dawson, Stevenson hadn't fought anyone in particular, so it's hardly like he was this terrifying figure.

That you were making accusations with no evidence? We realised that ages ago.

Stevenson was the mandatory - all he had to do was wait around for Froch to run out of time to face his mandatory challenger.

He said he would be prepared to wait for the Froch-Kessler outcome(I remember now), then it became no choice but there was a clause that the winner would face him inside 90 days or lose the IBF belt.

He decided he would go up to light-heavyweight, and has been doing very nicely thank you.

Until he beat Dawson, Stevenson hadn't fought anyone in particular, so it's hardly like he was this terrifying figure.

And YUSAF MACK was?:ranger: Just tell me, what fucking relevance did fighting Mack have for the rankings and everything else?!? It was obvious-Croch was against the wall, he just had to find someone else to fight than Stevenson right there and then. He had fought everyone else worth something in the division already, Ward, Kessler, Bute. Stevenson came after them. Should have come.

And YUSAF MACK was?:ranger: Just tell me, what fucking relevance did fighting Mack have for the rankings and everything else?!? .

I imagine he wanted an easy fight with an opponent who wouldn't command much of the purse and would be happy to fight at a place and time of Froch's choosing. He was going after Kessler, why would he risk fighting someone with any real risk attached? I didn't approve of the Mack fight, didn't watch it, but Froch was entitled to make a voluntary defence and did exactly that.

Meanwhile, Stevenson left the division and Froch is still there, so you could argue Stevenson is the one who swerved.

I also didn't approve of the Groves fight, as Groves seemed to have done jack all to earn the mandatory status, but now we've had the fight and it was close, I'll be disappointed if Froch faces anyone other than Ward, Kessler or Groves, and Kessler only because Mikkel should be entitled to ask for a third fight if he wants it.

Froch has took every big fight put his way all his career, he is without any question of a doubt way above any level Groves will ever achieve in his career, he fought poorly on the night after being rocked in the 1st round with a massive punch that basically fucked him for the next 5 rounds, he never recovered from it.....but lets not make Groves some sort of hero here and Froch the Pantomime fucking baddie!!

Carl fought poorly....Groves to a level he has never before and the stoppage was shit.......so fucking what!!

Froch has took every big fight put his way all his career, he is without any question of a doubt way above any level Groves will ever achieve in his career, he fought poorly on the night after being rocked in the 1st round with a massive punch that basically fucked him for the next 5 rounds, he never recovered from it.....but lets not make Groves some sort of hero here and Froch the Pantomime fucking baddie!!

Carl fought poorly....Groves to a level he has never before and the stoppage was shit.......so fucking what!!

Ok, no need to lose it completely now. :tongue1: Your boy has been exposed-so what, happens all the time.

Froch knows better than to think that's the end of it. Unless he wants to get these questions for the rest of his career (if not his life), then he'll need to get Groves back in the Ring again. He's always done the right thing before, I suspect he'll fight him again.

Carl Froch wants bout with Andre Ward or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr

Carl Froch wants to round off his career by fighting in Las Vegas, with Andre Ward or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr his preferred opponents.

The WBA and IBF super-middleweight world champion stopped fellow Briton George Groves to retain his titles at the Manchester Arena on Saturday night.

Groves wants a re-match, but 36-year-old Froch told BBC East Midlands Today: "Las Vegas is the fight capital.

"To finish in a massive fight would be better than going over old ground."

He continued: "I've boxed in America numerous times, but it would be an honour to fight somewhere like Las Vegas because I've never done that under the big lights with all the glitz and the glamour on the main stage."

Froch was on the floor in the opening round of his fight with Groves, but recovered to win in the ninth - although his younger opponent insisted the referee had been too quick to call a halt.

"As much as the fans want to see it reach a natural conclusion against George Groves, with me knocking him out again, I feel personally I gave him his chance and he blew it - he can't cut it at world level," said the champion.

"I've done my job and it's time to move on, but we'll see what happens. I'm not motivated by money, I'm motivated by securing a legacy and the love for my sport that I have."

Froch has won 32 of his 34 professional contests.

His two defeats came at the hands of Denmark's Mikkel Kessler and American Ward in 2010 and 2011 respectively.

The Nottingham fighter beat Kessler in a re-match in London in May and is now keen to avenge the only other blot on his record.

The only other fighter Froch sees as a viable alternative is Chavez Jr, son of four-time world champion Julio Cesar Chavez.

The 27-year-old Mexican has a 47-1-1 record, with his only defeat coming to Argentina's Sergio Martínez last September.

Froch said: "I've had quite a long career and there's only one name on my record that I've not beaten - and that's Andre Ward.

"In terms of goals and what I want to achieve before I retire, Andre Ward is on my hit list.

"There's also a guy in America called Julio Cesar Chavez, who's a great fighter. I have to speak to my promoter and speak to my trainer and see whatever makes the most sense."

Looking back on the end of the Groves fight, Froch said the referee had only had a split second to make his decision and had to be mindful of his duty to protect the health of boxers at all times.

"Because it's potentially such a dangerous sport, the referee has to make a split-second decision, which is not always what the crowd want to see," said the 2001 World Amateur Championships bronze medallist.

"At the end of the fight, when I was putting in my final combinations, the ref saw what I saw, that George Groves's eyes were rolling in the back of his head and his arms and head were slumped."

He added: "If you're not in a position to defend yourself, then the referee makes an experienced, educated and informed decision.

"Blows to the head are not healthy and it's the referee's job to make sure both fighters live to fight another day."

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk