Froch's Arrogance Finds a New Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Froch's Arrogance Finds a New Gear

Though I always have and always will love Froch the fighter, he's a bit like Amir Khan in that he always seems so insecure he has to bang his own drum, telling everyone how brilliantly he did.

Now it seems, he's decided to build his own reality.

In an interview with Tris Dixon in Boxing News, Froch says:

He's unlikely to rematch Groves because "Groves had his chance and he blew it"

That he went into the fight at 80% of his best, but he won't say what medical issues affected him.

That "After the knockdown at the end of the round, I went back to my corner with a smile on my face, thinking "this is the best thing that could have happened to me - I was getting reckless"

I have no great problems with the stoppage, I have no great problems with Frioch wanting to get embarrassed again by Ward, but what he's doing now goes beyond arrogance and into a lack of class. I hate fighters making excuses after a bad performance, and for Froch to come out with this crap about enjoying the
    knockdown, he might have been smiling 'cos he barely knew where he was!

Full interview is here:

http://boxingnewsonline.net/latest/f...again-part-one

http://boxingnewsonline.net/latest/f...again-part-two

Re: Froch's Arrogance Finds a New Gear

The interviews at ringside, straight after the fight.

Carl says he's honest enough to admit that he's only just remembered that he was put down in the 1st.

The mans a walking contradiction.

Comment

I was cringing throughout the post fight interview as he carried on taking jabs at the guy. Then had the arrogance to tell the booing crowd that none of them knew what boxing was really about.

No class, which is why nobody really likes him.

Comment

This Video is funny as hell.

Comment

it was great seeing the faces of carls brothers, they where cringing and he kept looking at his mrs after he got hit , probably hated the situation considering he was supposed to flatten groves, it was pathetic watchign his whining and damage control attempts..the rematch probably won't happen because he knows he can't adjust but groves can and knows groves can hurt him, might be feeling a bit cornered now the public will demand he fight groves and his only real option outside of than is another humiliating loss to ward

Comment

Originally posted by gavpowell View Post
            Though I always have and always will love Froch the fighter, he's a bit like Amir Khan in that he always seems so insecure he has to bang his own drum, telling everyone how brilliantly he did.

Now it seems, he's decided to build his own reality.

In an interview with Tris Dixon in Boxing News, Froch says:

He's unlikely to rematch Groves because "Groves had his chance and he blew it"

That he went into the fight at 80% of his best, but he won't say what medical issues affected him.

That "After the knockdown at the end of the round, I went back to my corner with a smile on my face, thinking "this is the best thing that could have happened to me - I was getting reckless"

I have no great problems with the stoppage, I have no great problems with Frioch wanting to get embarrassed again by Ward, but what he's doing now goes beyond arrogance and into a lack of class. I hate fighters making excuses after a bad performance, and for Froch to come out with this crap about enjoying the
            knockdown, he might have been smiling 'cos he barely knew where he was!

Full interview is here:

http://boxingnewsonline.net/latest/f...again-part-one

http://boxingnewsonline.net/latest/f...again-part-two
            What did I tell ya?! No way is he gonna made look bad again, his ego can't afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by BoztheMadman View Post
              What did I tell ya?! No way is he gonna made look bad again, his ego can't afford it.
              He's chasing a Ward rematch - not that worried about looking bad.

Comment

Sounding a right dick, isn't he!

Comment

Yea but looking bad against Ward is something else than looking bad against Groves.

Comment

Always been a swerving wanker and always will be to me. No class. No manners. And unbelievable arrogance. I heard Andre Ward say recently (source unknown but I will try to find it again) - that one of the main reasons Froch never got a rematch was because he has never come out and said "andre, you did me fair and square mate, you were a better man than me on the night, any chance of another go?" - or words to that effect. And that sums Froch's attitude up.

Cant wait for him to get his head knocked off, and I dont say that lightly, or about many men.

Comment

Originally posted by selij View Post
                      Always been a swerving wanker and always will be to me. No class. No manners. And unbelievable arrogance. I heard Andre Ward say recently (source unknown but I will try to find it again) - that one of the main reasons Froch never got a rematch was because he has never come out and said "andre, you did me fair and square mate, you were a better man than me on the night, any chance of another go?" - or words to that effect. And that sums Froch's attitude up.

Cant wait for him to get his head knocked off, and I dont say that lightly, or about many men.
                      FFS, Sel!! Behave lad!

You may have some personal vendetta against the guy, and for sure he has acted the prick lately, but to call him a "swerver" is a bit ridiculous.

If you define Froch as a swerver then every boxer from the last 30+ years is one too! He's fought every credible fighter around his division!

Comment

Apart from giving Dirrell a rematch - who he NO WAY beat but got the hometown [nottm] decision. And rem he refused to fight his mandatory? Adonis Stevenson ?

Comment

Originally posted by selij View Post
                          Apart from giving Dirrell a rematch - who he NO WAY beat but got the hometown [nottm] decision. And rem he refused to fight his mandatory? Adonis Stevenson ?
                          You're obsessed with a Dirrell rematch - Dirrell has hardly even fought since he faked his way out of the Super Six, swerving his good pal Andre Ward. He's never fought at super-middleweight again since the end of the Super6 and has only fought twice in two years - both times against journeymen.

Some people had DeGale beating Groves, so why isn't Groves a swerver for not rematching DeGale?

Had Stevenson hung around, he would have forced the fight: as I recall he said he had no problem waiting to fight the winner of Froch/Ward, then immediately buggered off to the light-heavyweight division to flatten Chad Dawson.

Comment

Chasing a Ward rematch? He wants faded Mikkel Kessler a third time.

Comment

When I said he was ducking Stevenson, guys like mofo were laughing and calling me various things. NOW I think and hope everybody has realised this by now.

Comment

Working...
                              X