Pascal, Alvarez and Lemieux on Sept. 28 Stevenson-Cloud card in Montreal

RINGNEWS24

http://ringnews24.com/media/k2/items/cache/28c67f257cad59e239c3a0aaf238102d_S.jpg

Last week, GYM confirmed that World Boxing Council (WBC), The Ring Magazine and linear world light heavyweight champion, Adonis "Superman" Stevenson ( 21-1-0 , 18 KOs), will defend his crown for the first time against former International Boxing Federation (IBF) light heavyweight champion* Tavoris "Thunder" Cloud (24-1-0, 19 KOs). The titanic collision will take place at the Bell Centre in Montreal on Saturday, September 28 and will be broadcast live worldwide by HBO Sports USA.

More...

Re: Pascal, Alvarez and Lemieux on Sept. 28 Stevenson-Cloud card in Montreal

I hope Lemieux can come back with a bang too.

Fancied him to make a splash a couple of years back, but he went off the rails after losses in quick succession.

Pretty entertaining though and you're pretty much guaranteed a KO when he's fighting, though who it goes to at this stage is debatable.

I hope Lemieux can come back with a bang too.

Fancied him to make a splash a couple of years back, but he went off the rails after losses in quick succession.

Pretty entertaining though and you're pretty much guaranteed a KO when he's fighting, though who it goes to at this stage is debatable.

It seems every time he steps up level of competition he comes up short, but a one punch ko machine like that is never boring to watch and always welcome, esp today.

It seems every time he steps up level of competition he comes up short, but a one punch ko machine like that is never boring to watch and always welcome, esp today.

Personally, I think a durable guy like Rubio was the wrong opponent for him - it was an eliminator opportunity he couldn't turn down though.

Instead of taking a couple of rebuilding fights, he went straight in at too high a level too soon and it cost him.

Fair play to him for wanting to get straight back to the top as soon as possible, but he should have been more sensible and taken more time, because he's a young guy with plenty of time to reach the top.

I think he has the ability (or more specifically the power) to defeat a higher class of opposition, but it does seem that he at least was short of a Plan B where he couldn't knock someone out.

I think he has the ability (or more specifically the power) to defeat a higher class of opposition, but it does seem that he at least was short of a Plan B where he couldn't knock someone out.

Brawler-

I agree, I think the skill-level is there to win in another fashion, but he simply commits so much to the stoppage that Plan B has usually left the station by the time he's ready to look at another option for winning.