Boxing Betting Thread

Joe Ko

Just noticed this forum hasn't got one.

Post your betting tips in any boxing event coming up, and be honest and post whether your in the money overall or doing terribly bad.

Tonight I have:

Rosinsky to win at 8/1

Donaire in under 6 rounds at 3/1

Derry Matthews to pull the upset at 3/1

Straddle Brook on points with Jones by KO (I don't lose money....hopefully)

Also I have a quid accumulator every week with my PL picks, this week I could win 80 quid.

Letting you on to a potential steal.

Bedfred have Glen Johnson at Evens in his fight tomorrow at 175lbs, against Forfara.

Johnson only loses to the good guys, is this guy really a threat?

Fonfara was pretty slated when mentioned as a potential Cleverly foe. Karpency got chosen instead.

Letting you on to a potential steal.

Bedfred have Glen Johnson at Evens in his fight tomorrow at 175lbs, against Forfara.

Johnson only loses to the good guys, is this guy really a threat?

Fonfara was pretty slated when mentioned as a potential Cleverly foe. Karpency got chosen instead.

Put 25 on Johnson

To me, the "over 9.5 rounds" and "Haye by Decision" props are where the value is here.

I can see why people think that, but Haye will be expending alot more energy in this fight and that's why they got it to 10 rounds. Chisora's face and the Hayes combos = it ain't going the distance.

Lost on David Haye fight aswell, had Haye on points.

Do you think Broner gets taken the distance?

Escobedo's got a pretty good chin, he took some huge shots from Katsidis in losing a split decision, I'd be surprised if he can't take Broner's best. Some insiders in the So

Cal area are actually taking Escobedo to win, I guess he's looked really good in the gym, but I think they're kidding themselves or underestimating Broner.

• 2 weeks later...

Some very talented fighters in the Heavweight and Super Heavyweight divisions at the Olympics 2012.

Heavyweight probably the most packed and competitive.

Usyk

Mammadov

Xuanxuan

Beterbiev

Levit

Karneyeu

Hunter

Pulev

Larduet

Russo

All potential winners though 25 year old Usky, of Ukraine looks to have exceptional skills. Beterbiev, of Russia is very well rounded but at 6 foot may fall short. Mammadov, of Azerbaijan is only 18 and 6'6 and a good shout though maybe too early for him.

At Super Heavyweight your probably looking at one of the following for Gold.

Anthony Joshua, of GB and 6'6 with home advantage but a tough first round draw against Savon. At 6'9 and only 21 Dychko. of Kazakjstan has good speed for a big man and many tip him to win the event.

Medzhidov, of Russia is 6'3 and really seems to have knock-out power. Omarov came through tough qualifying and that will leave him well prepared - only 22 and stands at 6'5.

Looks alot of talent for the future!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ronald Cruz @ 1/5

Gabriel Rosado @ 1/6

Roman Morales @ 8/13

Jhonatan Romero @ 5/6

Patrick Nielsen @ 1/14

Cecilia Braekhus @ 5/13

Lee Selby @ 1/4

Paul McCloskey @ 1/3

Krzysztof Wlodarczyk @ 4/9

Ricky Burns @ 8/15

Carl Frampton @ 1/5

Juan Jose Montes @ 2/7

Rodel Mayol @ 3/1

£6 to win £834.73

Bet Type No of Bets Unit Stake Stake To Win Returns

13 Folds 1 6.00 6.00 834.73

Did you win Rob?

Just some tips for future betting.

Ovill Mckenzie vs Enzo Mac - Im putting big money on Ovill in 3 rounds, could be over in 60 seconds, ladbrokes offer odds on that.

Cleverly by stoppage, opponent tough, but Cleverly should take him out late.

Where did you get all of those odds from Rob? I signed up to Betfair the other week but so they didn't have 90% of those fights you posted odds to above.

Bet365. Always best to check the fights late Thursday or early Friday, as they add more near the weekend. Used them for years and always reliable - if a bout ends in a Draw they mark it Void unless you bet on the draw.