Murray in a Hurry

mofo2

Boxing John Murray reclaimed the British lightweight title with an emphatic fourth-round stoppage of Jon Thaxton - now he wants WBO champ Michael Katsidis.

Manchester star Murray said: "Jon was the only person in Britain that could challenge me but it's time for me to move on. Katsidis is on my radar and that's a fight I fancy."

Murray is good but lets be fair the ref beat Jon not Murray, OK he would probably have won in the end but to stop the fight when he did gave Jon no chance to show what he had left, Jon is a quiet guy that doesn't shout & wave his arms about when a decision goes against him, he just stood there after it was called off by the ref As we saw when Jon won the European against Melero it only take one punch for Jon to turn things around

Murray is good but lets be fair the ref beat Jon not Murray, OK he would probably have won in the end but to stop the fight when he did gave Jon no chance to show what he had left, Jon is a quiet guy that doesn't shout & wave his arms about when a decision goes against him, he just stood there after it was called off by the ref As we saw when Jon won the European against Melero it only take one punch for Jon to turn things around

The ref beat Thaxton your having a laugh,i thought the ref should have let it go on to the end of the round but he was getting beat up bad.Murray couldnt miss and in that last round he was stood toe to toe with thaxton who had nothing left.

The ref beat Thaxton your having a laugh,i thought the ref should have let it go on to the end of the round but he was getting beat up bad.Murray couldnt miss and in that last round he was stood toe to toe with thaxton who had nothing left.

fights can change so quickly, ie mosley v varga, anderson v mutley and with thaxtons power it wouldnt surprise me if it changed aswell but we were never given the chance because of the refs very poor stoppage, thaxton will have another fight i think to finish his career and thank his fans. i for one would love to see him again win lose or draw aslong as it was stopped properly

Thats the problem lol he was'nt getting beat up badly,he was hurt and pressured but the decision was made to hastily!!

He would have won i'm sure no doubts anyways...but you don't mug off a fighter like that it was f**king poor!

Murray is good but lets be fair the ref beat Jon not Murray' date=' OK he would probably have won in the end but to stop the fight when he did gave Jon no chance to show what he had left, Jon is a quiet guy that doesn't shout & wave his arms about when a decision goes against him, he just stood there after it was called off by the ref As we saw when Jon won the European against Melero it only take one punch for Jon to turn things around[/quote'].

The ref beat Thaxton your having a laugh,i thought the ref should have let it go on to the end of the round but he was getting beat up bad.Murray couldnt miss and in that last round he was stood toe to toe with thaxton who had nothing left.[/quo

In one breath you criticize me for saying the ref beat Jon then you say he should have let it go to the end of the round well he didn't let it go & yes he did beat Jon & as I said Murray would probably have won But Jon was deprived the chance & we the fans were deprived the chance to see whether Jon could come back in the next round where as I have no wish to see Jon stretched out unconscious I feel these very early stoppages are detrimental to our sport.

I myself have watched fights where I have said come on ref time to stop this right now so I consider myself to be a pretty good judge of when a fighter has had enough & on saturday night that point was far from reached