Can Tyson Fury establish himself as the best heavyweight in 2020?

The_budweiser

The last time Tyson Fury was in Las Vegas, he made quite the scene.

June 15th was the date of the scene, as Fury brutally mugged overmatched Thomas Schwarz for a second-round knockout inside of the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. The German was helpless as Fury put his 6’9” frame to work and broke him down bit by bit.

Tyson Fury Returns against Wallin but will he establish himself as the best heavyweight in the world in 2020? - - Boxing News - Ring News24

Re: Can Tyson Fury establish himself as the best heavyweigt in 2020?

--- The best heavies are below Josh and Andy.

I think the Ruiz result was a fluke. I can't see the rematch having the same result.

Fury/Wilder/Joshua might be the best heavyweight but I just hope the fights get made as it will be very exciting to see who comes out as number 1 heavyweight.

He's the best now.

He's undefeated, lineal champion and everyone knows he beat Wilder.

Tyson Fury is the number one heavyweight in the world

Agreed, but with a strong caveat:

Fury beat Wilder for two reasons.

1: Wilder's ego caused him to fight horrendously. The man threw that fight away by completely forgetting his jab. As with Ruiz-Joshua, the same result is not likely in the rematch.

2: Fury was constantly ducking illegally low, so Wilder was often afraid to throw (for fear of landing a rabbit punch) or unable to throw.

The ref did an amazing poor job of controlling that. I'm 100% sure that if the ref had stopped that in the first few rounds, Fury would have been KTFO.

There is no way that Fury, as talented as he is, is the best HW in the division.

Agreed, but with a strong caveat:

Fury beat Wilder for two reasons.

1: Wilder's ego caused him to fight horrendously. The man threw that fight away by completely forgetting his jab. As with Ruiz-Joshua, the same result is not likely in the rematch.

2: Fury was constantly ducking illegally low, so Wilder was often afraid to throw (for fear of landing a rabbit punch) or unable to throw.

The ref did an amazing poor job of controlling that. I'm 100% sure that if the ref had stopped that in the first few rounds, Fury would have been KTFO.

There is no way that Fury, as talented as he is, is the best HW in the division.

That's based on what you think would have happened if some things were different before or what you think will happen in the future. My comments are based on what has already happened and not happened. Of course it's fine to have an opinion that defies the facts but the facts are as I previously outlined. Tyson Fury was dropped twice in two different rounds costing him 4 points, he scored no knockdowns of his own vs Wilder and STILL emerged as the consensus winner before and after the scores were announced. The fact that he even got a draw in those circumstances lets you know that he boxed Wilder's head off, Wilder dropped him twice and he wasn't KTFO, he got up both times.

Fury's the man.

That's based on what you think would have happened if some things were different before or what you think will happen in the future. My comments are based on what has already happened and not happened. Of course it's fine to have an opinion that defies the facts but the facts are as I previously outlined. Tyson Fury was dropped twice in two different rounds costing him 4 points, he scored no knockdowns of his own vs Wilder and STILL emerged as the consensus winner before and after the scores were announced. The fact that he even got a draw in those circumstances lets you know that he boxed Wilder's head off, Wilder dropped him twice and he wasn't KTFO, he got up both times.

Fury's the man.

I think your spot on @undefeated. Fury is the man to beat unless Wilder beats him in a rematch.

I just hope they don't drag it our for years and they all agree to start fighting each other. Joshua needs to fight Fury and Wilder and Wilder-Fury rematch needs to happen. Below them theres a big gap for me.

He must fight the best out there. He CANNOT settle for one big fight, then two lousy ones. It will make him softer and his skills will suffer, as well as his shape.

Wilder's had approx 15 more fights than Fury and Fury's resume is still better than his so if anyone's resume needs to be questioned it's Wilder's. Fury took the belts off Klitschko, stopped Dereck Chisora and beat Wilder in the eyes of most sober observers, he's also going to rematch Wilder next year.

Wilder's had approx 15 more fights than Fury and Fury's resume is still better than his so if anyone's resume needs to be questioned it's Wilder's. Fury took the belts off Klitschko, stopped Dereck Chisora and beat Wilder in the eyes of most sober observers, he's also going to rematch Wilder next year.

It's not about that. It is about his wellbeing as a fighter. I don't want to see him waste away and "die on the vine" fighting nobodies and then when he finally chooses to fight a top guy again...he fails badly. Don't want to see that happen.

I think Wilder stops him in the rematch, I think he'll be less cautious in the rematch. Fury seems to be on track but not sure how he stays for the next decade. Also, I hope there are enough good fighters coming through to make an impact on the 20's.

I think Wilder stops him in the rematch, I think he'll be less cautious in the rematch. Fury seems to be on track but not sure how he stays for the next decade. Also, I hope there are enough good fighters coming through to make an impact on the 20's.

I'd like to see him fight this guy Ivan Dychko. Not only because both are 6'9, but because Dychko really looks dangerous.https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/813592

Re: Can Tyson Fury establish himself as the best heavyweight in 2020?

9-0, 9 Ko against the usual suspects, by good DKing is still keeping 50ish Ray Austin busy. and who wouldn't want Nate Heavens scalp?

Does Dychko even understand English? Watching Fury go off on him uselessly would be Priceless, but Dychko vs Price would let us know if he's ready for Fury. Looks more a work in progress.