James Kirkland returns after a four-year absence

The_budweiser

Professional championship boxing returns to the Frank Erwin Center on August 24 with Capital City Fight Night. In association with Underwood promotions, Davies Entertainment is helping to continue the tradition of quality boxing at the Erwin Center, Showcasing four prize fighters fighting under the Davies Entertainment banner.

With his new management team (Davies Entertainment), local Austin knockout artist James Kirkland (32-2, 28KO) returns from a 4-year absence following a defeat to pound-for-pound fighter Saul”Canelo” Alvarez. Kirkland has been one of boxing’s most explosive fighters with knockout wins over Brian Vera, Joel Julio, Alfredo Angulo, and Glen Tapia. This fight marks the 18th anniversary of his pro debut in 2001. Kirkland looks to make one final run toward a championship taking on upset-minded Missouri brawler Colby Courter (13-14, 10KO) in a six round Middleweight bout.

James Kirkland returns after a four-year absence - - Boxing News - Ring News24

Re: James Kirkland returns after a four-year absence

Not sure what Kirkland still has to offer to boxing at 35...

I hope he doesn´t offer us another devastating ko like Canelo´s.

4 years is too much time for a pro boxer, even if you were an all time great. Ask Sugar Ray Leonard...

I wish he gets some money and leave boxing as a healthy man ready to work as a trainer or assistant.

--- With Kirklands propensity for lawbreaking. And lack of dedication to his career, I doubt he makes the grade as a trainer.

Anyway, with poor Colby gone splotto and a quick burst of fights, he could be ranked with a top class fight to start 2020. Guy is massively strong and powerful if nothing else.

https://fightnews.com/james-kirkland-returns-with-quick-ko/52880