Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather rematch: 'Nobody wants to see it' - agree?

The_budweiser

Former WBA welterweight champion Keith ‘One Time’ Thurman 29-1 (22) has poured scorn on the idea of a Floyd Mayweather versus Manny Pacquiao rematch, saying the fight would lack the action of his recent 12-round fight with the Filipino superstar.

Thurman dropped a split decision to Pacquiao at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas last month in what was just his second bout in more than two years.

Keith Thurman on Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao rematch: "Nobody wants to see it" - - Boxing News - Ring News24

Re: Manny Pacquiao rematch: 'Nobody wants to see it' - agree?

- -Well, Keef is right about the lack of action against a disengaged Floydy, but then everyone knows that fight is the only reason Manny sold his soul to Haymon.

Doubt there's enough $$$ in the fight to unretire him. I'd personally like to see Manny muller Danny Garcia, but his schizo dad would kill that fight. If Manny fights into 2020, that's 4 decades of boxing for him, so say hello to the new decade that may see Manny elected prez!

Thurman's right. Both Pacroid and TUE avoided each other for far too many years before their terribly anticlimactic, overdue fight. I don't think a II sells big numbers at all. And certainly wont be worth enough $ to warrant TUE's ring return.

You could give 1, possible 2 rounds to Pacroid in their matchup; so whats to see in the II ?

I thought you were talking about the Thurman rematch. No, no one wants to see Mayweather school him again, he won 2-3 rounds tops last time out, I'd rather watch Mayweather vs Canelo again, even though he got schooled too, at least Canelo's improved. Pacman hasn't improved since then, he's worse now but remarkably still good enough to see of Thurman and for my money, Porter and Garcia too.

I should just make clear too that I don't want to see the Thurman rematch either, let's see Pacquiao vs Ugas and then vs the winner of Spence Jr vs Porter.

INo, no one wants to see Mayweather school him again,

I don't want to the two fighters who are way past it back in the ring again. There first fight wasn't even prime v prime so why would we want to see them fight in 2019/20?

I'm not so sure if Mayweather would school him again. Pacquiao has stayed active whereas Mayweather has been enjoying his retirement. I suppose at 42 (Mayweather) and 40 (Pacquiao) it would depend how good their body's have aged.

Re: Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather rematch: 'Nobody wants to see it' - agree?

A large number of boxing fans will watch any old shit so there's still a healthy profit in it, but I didn't even bother watching the first fight - Pacquaio hasn't suddenly learnt to deal with counterpunchers or movers so he still won't win.

Re: Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather rematch: 'Nobody wants to see it' - agree?

A large number of boxing fans will watch any old shit so there's still a healthy profit in it, but I didn't even bother watching the first fight - Pacquaio hasn't suddenly learnt to deal with counterpunchers or movers so he still won't win.

And non-boxing fans will also watch it just because it's two greats regardless of age.

I could honeslty see Pacquaio fighting at 50 and Asian fans still buying his PPV's - there mad for him!.