Joshua - Ruiz II reportedly in Saudi Arabia December 7th

Gerald

Exclusive: Anthony Joshua to face Andy Ruiz Jr in Saudi Arabia on December 7 in PS70m contest

Gareth A. Davies has just released an article claiming the rematch will be December 7th in the Middle East.

Hearn has been making noises about this for the past few weeks. I wonder how far Ruiz's insistence he wasn't going to fight in the UK played into this. Hearn's public stance was initially 'we have a contract, so the fight will take place wherever we decide', but he seemed to be backing off from that recently and worrying about the trouble Ruiz might cause if the fight was scheduled for Cardiff.

No confirmation in the report as to the timing of the bout, but I imagine it will be scheduled for a US TV friendly time, given the DAZN involvement.

Re: Joshua - Ruiz II reportedly in Saudi Arabia December 7th

Nonsense...I'd ban any fights from taking place in that hideous country. :rant: All fights must take place on friday, because the weekend is a religious "thing" to them and any kind of sports competitions are banned then. Rubbish.

- -I wouldn't know any of that Boz, but it seems like SA is the new Dubai for boxing.

Endless big $$$ fights projected there with almost nothing to show.

Andy wants a Mexico City bullring, but end of the day all the the fights of that magnatitude end up in Vegas.

Oh dear, it's true, just seen the news break on Sky News, came here to break it to y'all but saw it was already up.

Horrible news, actually it's a disgrace, the audience will be filled with only rich folk who can afford to go and most won't even know anything about boxing, a fight of this magnitude should not be sold off to the highest bidder at the expense of the fans, it's a terrible bit of business.

--- When Fat Dan confirms, it's official!

Lessee, fighters make out like bandits as Saudis showcase the kinder, welcoming SA, and most of the public to get a stream or broadcast.

Might even be a chance for the well to do bold to stay for a quick tour around the kingdom that regardless of politics is steeped in history as few can claim to be

Ruiz-Joshua rematch to be Dec. 7 in Saudi Arabia

All about that money! Eddie know's he's onto a winner with this either way. If AJ get's beaten again Hearn's big cash cow is in big trouble, so this is a nice mega money spinner...on the off chance....

Hopefully the Saudi's have learned some lessons about putting on a boxing show because that Amir Khan card the other week was piss poor in terms of organisation and production.

Did people moan about Ali and the like fighting in Africa back in the day?

If he's smart, he'll negotiate for a third fight (should he lose) instead of a larger purse.

The lucrative trilogy will be LU-CRA -TIVE! Plus, Fat Andy should try to retire with his Fat bank account, before ever facing Wilder.

Build that sucker up, then get the heck outa' Dodge.

If he's smart, he'll negotiate for a third fight (should he lose) instead of a larger purse.

The lucrative trilogy will be LU-CRA -TIVE! Plus, Fat Andy should try to retire with his Fat bank account, before ever facing Wilder.

Build that sucker up, then get the heck outa' Dodge.

From a personal POV, sure, Ruiz Jr needs to do what's best for his family but from a fan POV I don't want these two locking up the belts for 2-3 years, let's get that undisputed fight sooner rather than later!

From a personal POV, sure, Ruiz Jr needs to do what's best for his family but from a fan POV I don't want these two locking up the belts for 2-3 years, let's get that undisputed fight sooner rather than later!

Sure, but don't hold your breath.

If AJ beats Andy this time, do you think he'll want to go after Wilder? Or a few bums then the trilogy? It's not too hard to predict, sadly.

This is an extra reason why we should all be rooting for Andy to pull it off once again !

Sure, but don't hold your breath.

If AJ beats Andy this time, do you think he'll want to go after Wilder? Or a few bums then the trilogy? It's not too hard to predict, sadly.

This is an extra reason why we should all be rooting for Andy to pull it off once again !

Well, I would have agreed with you a few days ago until I saw Joshua giving JD Sports an interview, he was still talking about Wilder and overlooking Ruiz Jr again, the fact that he thought it OK to talk about wanting Wilder when he's got Ruiz problems is alarming to me. The difference this time is Wilder will be screaming for Joshua, Haymon and co. will be doing all they can to force Joshua into the fight, they're not concerned anymore because Ruiz Jr gave the blueprint, how is Joshua going to duck that?

I got Ruiz Jr stopping Joshua again anyway sorta like Bellew vs Haye II,

Well, I would have agreed with you a few days ago until I saw Joshua giving JD Sports an interview, he was still talking about Wilder and overlooking Ruiz Jr again, the fact that he thought it OK to talk about wanting Wilder when he's got Ruiz problems is alarming to me. The difference this time is Wilder will be screaming for Joshua, Haymon and co. will be doing all they can to force Joshua into the fight, they're not concerned anymore because Ruiz Jr gave the blueprint, how is Joshua going to duck that?

I got Ruiz Jr stopping Joshua again anyway sorta like Bellew vs Haye II,

Sure, AJ will shout from the rooftops that he wants Wilder.

But then the money will become an issue, or the venue, or the scheduling.

"Gosh darn it! I'll guess I'll have to fight Andy again, after all. I'm so upset...."

--- In spite of all the he said, she said rumor mongering, Eddie says "Done Deal" Dec 7th in an outdoor stadium with both fighters signed.

Wonder how many bootlegged hip flasks will be in attendance?

Eddie Hearn on Andy Ruiz-Anthony Joshua 2: ‘Both fighters have signed’ - The Ring

Ruiz has been firing back over social media about the arrangements. Suggests intent to make sure it's held in the US. Hard to know what to make of this - could just be bluster to try and secure some more allowances etc. from Matchroom.

Eddie Hearn threatens Andy Ruiz with legal battle after champion raises concerns about fighting Anthony Joshua in Saudi Arabia

• 2 weeks later...

--- And Matchroom has withdrawn their lawsuit after the, ahem, out of court settlement.

Think this to be another huge fight not to mention the off the shelf novelty of one of the most exotic setting in world. The jabber of Josh being finished like he's some kinda Humpty Dumpty is nonsense, but he's does need to drop at least half of his squadron team and narrow his focus like he had coming up.