Billy Joe Saunders and Frank Warren split

The_budweiser

Following a relationship that has spanned the whole professional career of Billy Joe Saunders, that has included World Titles in two weight divisions, Hall of Fame Promoter Frank Warren and Saunders have agreed terms for an amicable release from his promotional contract.

Frank Warren enjoyed a successful partnership with Billy Joe in which he guided him in an unblemished run of British, Commonwealth, European and World Championships at both Middle and Super Middleweight. The partnership saw many big fights at different career levels, which has included wins over John Ryder, Chris Eubank Jr, Andy Lee and David Lemieux.

Billy Joe Saunders and Frank Warren comment on their split - - Boxing News - Ring News24

Re: Billy Joe Saunders and Frank Warren split

--- free agent?

His managers are MTK so he isn't completely a free agent. They will have some say on whom he signs with next.

I'm surprised by the split as they have been together a very long time. But, on the other hand it’s not too surprising given the fact BJS has failed to get the biggest fights out there.

He's probably more hassle than he's worth for Warren I'd imagine.

I dunno why MTK don't just handle their vast array of managed boxers themselves than them having a promoter as well. Not entirely sure how the MTK thing works in that regard really.

Nice to hear Saunders isn't getting sued for anything and can go without any legal action against him.

Interested to hear who he might sign with next, I imagine it'd have to be Matchroom since DAZN have 160 under control. If he's staying at 168 maybe he'll work with PBC like James DeGale did.

• 2 weeks later...

Billy Joe signs with Matchroom.

What do you think about this new partnership? Was the only move that made sense really wasn't it?

Just another thing I wanted to ask if anyone knows, did BJS have the birthmark on his cheek removed?

Was borderline inevitable after the Warren split and makes a lot of promotional sense. With the noises Hearn is making I am sure we will see Saunders - Eubank jr II on SKY PPV in his next fight or so. After that I imagine we might be looking at Smith - Saunders in the summer if it can be negotiated with both sides.

As far as other opponents go, Jacobs is probably the most likely. I doubt Hearn and DAZN will match Saunders with Andrade as their undefeated records are a big part of what make them saleable opponents for other bigger fights. We could see a Golovkin matchup, but only if he loses patience with Canelo. No way DAZN let him near Canelo for a while, although they might try and leverage that prospect by making Saunders a part of a shortlist that includes Golovkin to try and force that matchup (but who really knows what's going to happen with Canelo and the mess with Golden Boy)

Billy Joe signs with Matchroom.

What do you think about this new partnership? Was the only move that made sense really wasn't it?

Just another thing I wanted to ask if anyone knows, did BJS have the birthmark on his cheek removed?

On your video 10.13 it still looks as if his birthmarks there on his right cheek. I think the camera angle, body positioning and the lighting make it look as if its gone.

Anyway I hope this move can reignite BJS and he can get the big fights that he hasn't managed to get so far for whatever reason under Frank Warren.

Only time will tell if its a good move or not.

Press Release - Matchroom announce signing of WBO Super-Middleweight World Champion - - Boxing News - Ring News24

As far as other opponents go, Jacobs is probably the most likely. I doubt Hearn and DAZN will match Saunders with Andrade as their undefeated records are a big part of what make them saleable opponents for other bigger fights.

If he fights Jacobs, that 0 is gone. Jacobs is the number 2 middleweight in the world

On your video 10.13 it still looks as if his birthmarks there on his right cheek. I think the camera angle, body positioning and the lighting make it look as if its gone.

I went back to 10:13 but couldn't really see it but I did see it on an IFL interview I watched just now.

What are some possible fights for Billy Joe Saunders after signing with Matchroom?

Matchroom promoter Eddie Hearn has been all over the place this year, making some big signings for his stable.

It’s no secret that Hearn has had a lot of eyeballs on him ever since he announced a huge deal that would see his Matchroom promotion be the leading content provider for the DAZN streaming service.

What are some possible fights for Billy Joe Saunders after signing with Matchroom? - - Boxing News - Ring News24

What are some possible fights for Billy Joe Saunders after signing with Matchroom?

Matchroom promoter Eddie Hearn has been all over the place this year, making some big signings for his stable.

It’s no secret that Hearn has had a lot of eyeballs on him ever since he announced a huge deal that would see his Matchroom promotion be the leading content provider for the DAZN streaming service.

What are some possible fights for Billy Joe Saunders after signing with Matchroom? - - Boxing News - Ring News24

+well GGG,, canelo, andrade, callum smith, are all tied into matchromm or dazn, you would hope something happens

There's even more eyeballs on him now since it was noted that the Sky Sports Box Office logo was the only broadcaster logo on the backdrop at the announcement yesterday of Ruiz vs Joshua II, DAZN's logo nowhere to be seen! Eddie was asked about this in an interview afterwards and he was pussyfooting around, apparently there's interest from more than 1 US broadcaster at the moment.

Anyway, to answer, he'll fight another nobody next and then it'll be GGG. Of course Jacobs, Canelo, Andrade, Smith are the obvious names under Matchroom and/or DAZN too but GGG will be the next big name I think