Adam Kownacki vs Chris Arreola

--- This one of the new series in boxing, The Loser Bracket after every top heavy turned down silly $$$ against Josh to go fight for peanuts...only in boxing!

Neither has ever beat a top 10 heavy, yet this is Arreola's last chance as Kow Ring ranked. At any rate, I expect a good tussle @Barclays.

Edited by LondonRingRules

Re: Adam Kownacki vs Chris Arreola

I like this fight. Sort of a passing of the crown, from the old "designated opponent" to the new.....

Kownacki is basically what Arreola was in his prime. Short reach, very aggressive, excellent power, and basically zero defense.

I think Kownacki hits harder, which will make him a very interesting opponent for any of the big three.

Kownacki's big problem is conditioning. If he's in shape, Arreola is toast. If he's the out of shape gasser that fought Martin and Washington, well he can still probably beat today's Arreola, if he doesn't have a heart attack in the late rounds, but it will be an ugly fight.

I'll be there. Disappointed that Miguel Cruz's fight got scrapped because Berto had to pull out with a bicep injury.

Arreola talking about being in great shape, and looking rejuvenated with new trainer Goosen. But he's also talking about retiring if he loses, thats not a good mentality. I expect Kownacki to win, probably similar to his fight against Martin.

--- Undefeated Marcos Browne proved to be the superior boxer, but not the superior fighter after Jean Pascal knocked him down 3x.

Browne stupidly resorted to a butt that took it to the cards where he lost. Don't think either one of these guys gonna be here 2 yr from now.

An unsatisfactory ending, it's about time the incomplete round was not part of the scoring, how can it be that you can lose a round that you didn't get to finish? Anything could have happened during the rest of the round and that's what cost Browne here. He won more rounds but suffered some heavy knockdowns.

This was better than the main event and there must be an immediate rematch given the bitter taste left in the mouths of us spectators and more importantly, the former champion I'm sure.

Well that was a fun card to attend. 4 upsets in total. Carlos Negron got blasted out of there in like a minute. Undefeated Brooklyn prospect Julian Sosa got stopped. Curtis Stevens gets knocked around and stopped. And finally Pascal drinking from the fountain of youth, and stopping Marcus Browne. The arena was going crazy during the main event for Kownacki. Shout out to Arreola, punching his way to the final bell.

I just watched the mainevent.

A few thoughts, FWIW:

An ugly fight, as expected. I'm no fan of mindless rock 'em sock 'em.

Credit to Arreola for looking in great condition, and for having at least some semblence of defense.

Shame about his hand. I'd love to see a rematch. Even with that hand, I thought the fight was much closer than the judges called it.

Kownacki at an all-time high weight. Good lord, this guy isn't Andy Ruiz. Not much hope for him as he steps up.

His arm speed seemed slower than usual, and maybe his conditioning had something to do with that.

At the same time, his ability to land on the body was pretty impressive.

And finally - I no longer think Kevin Barry is the worst trainer in all of pro boxing.

Kownacki's trainer Keith (Defense? What is defense?) Trimble now clearly claims the prize.

--- Here are the punch monkey numbers that I will note in a very open fight of two big guys with slow hand speed, the punch monkey margin of error is probably cut in half, but of course they've never revealed what their margins of errors are because that would dumb down the computer majic of their marketing numbers for "experts" to expound on endlessly absent any actual boxing acumen.

EBGTiXuUIAADQsQ?format=jpg&name=900x900

Here is the summary that was indeed impressive even allowing for the unknown margin of error. Warning, it's in super large 3 blind mice print for the judges!

EBJXjRsXUAAS8Jm?format=jpg&name=large

As you say, quite a margin of error. No way in Hell did they throw that many punches.

Also, I thought the commentators said that the "record" was for punches "thrown and LANDED," which makes slightly more sense since both men were basically blocking punches with their faces. (Arreola slightly less so, but no one will ever confuse him with Loma.)

well, anyway,

I REALLY DON'T CARE.

:noidea: ;-)