Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***Beterbiev vs Kalajdzic

***Soon to go to Spoilers

Beter at 174 lbs and Hot Rod light at 173 lbs. Beter at 13-0, 13 KOs the fav but Hot Rod with decent power could make things interesting. Card looks like an IBF fight nite!

Boxing News: Beterbiev, Kalajdzic, Ancajas, Funai make weight >> May 4, 2019

Re: ***Beterbiev vs Kalajdzic

Hot Rod's a great boxer, and he of course actually beat Marcus Browne, but he hasn't seen any really high-level opponents since then.

It's virtually impossible to predict this one.

I think Artur is still fairly basic, and still lacks really good defense, so in some ways he's tailor made fo a guy like Radvoe.
    Still the safe bet has to be Beter via KO, of course.

It could be a brilliant fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Cableaddict View Post
      Hot Rod's a great boxer, and he of course actually beat Marcus Browne, but he hasn't seen any really high-level opponents since then.

It's virtually impossible to predict this one.

I think Artur is still fairly basic, and still lacks really good defense, so in some ways he's tailor made fo a guy like Radvoe.
      Still the safe bet has to be Beter via KO, of course.

It could be a brilliant fight!
      I agree...Hot Rod has been dying on the vine since the Browne fight. And he also is a big lhw who has problems making the weight, he's had several fights at 200 already.

Comment

Originally posted by BoztheMadman View Post
        ... he's had several fights at 200 already.

Wow, I didn't realize that.

Update:

Wait a minute, that isn't true. His career high to date is 189 lbs, against Domingos in 2015.
        He WAS slightly over the limit in his last three fights, but not by much, and they weren't itle fights so it didn't really matter much.
        Last edited by Cableaddict; 05-04-2019, 10:00 PM.

Comment

--- Beter blasted out Hot Rod in the 5th. Sounds like a good fight to watch.

Boxing News: Beterbiev retains IBF light heavy title >> May 5, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Cableaddict View Post
            Wow, I didn't realize that.

Update:

Wait a minute, that isn't true. His career high to date is 189 lbs, against Domingos in 2015.
            He WAS slightly over the limit in his last three fights, but not by much, and they weren't itle fights so it didn't really matter much.
            Nonono, I meant he had several fights at CRUISERWEIGHT.

Comment

Not too happy with the stoppage if I'm honest, I thought the ref was a little eager considering the championship of the world was at stake.

Comment

Kalajdzic didn't look done to me...hurt yes but not finished.

Comment

I agreed the stoppage seemed early, but it was only a matter of time really I suppose.He didn't seem to complain too much when it came.

Comment

--- The bell saved Hot Rod the round before. He was burnt toast.

Comment

I think the stoppage was uncalled for, the way the rules lay it out. (Although they are vague.)

At the same time, Hot Rod was getting repeatedly pummeled by one of the biggest punchers in the sport, and it seemd he had zero chance of winning the fight.
                      So.. I'm GLAD the ref stopped it.
                      - However it should have been his corner that did so. I bet his trainer had the towel in hand, trying to make that terrible decision.

Now having said that, I came away with massive respect for both guys.
                      Hot Rod boxed really well as expected, but showed a much better chin than expected and HUGE cajones.
                      Beterbiev actually looked like he's been improving in the gym. More angles on his offense, and VASTLY improved defense.
                      Last edited by Cableaddict; 05-17-2019, 04:48 AM.

Comment

I'm ok with the stoppage. Kalajdzic didn't look good. His legs were betraying him. I didn't need to see anymore.

Comment

Come on then chaps......lay out the roadmap for the light heavies....

Kov
                          Beterbiev
                          Bivol
                          Gvozdyk
                          Yarde
                          Browne
                          Barrerra
                          Alvarez

Possibly Callum Smith features, unless he and Canelo meet which is doing the rounds at the moment......

Light Heavy is a fun division right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ton View Post
                            Come on then chaps......lay out the roadmap for the light heavies....

Kov
                            Beterbiev
                            Bivol
                            Gvozdyk
                            Yarde
                            Browne
                            Barrerra
                            Alvarez

Possibly Callum Smith features, unless he and Canelo meet which is doing the rounds at the moment......

Light Heavy is a fun division right now.
                            Yes it is and I woudn't count out Joe Smith jr either.

Comment

Working...
                            X