Is Anthony Joshua a drugs cheat? - Dillian Whyte thinks so!

The_budweiser

Various Sources:

Dillian Whyte has told boxing it needs to address a major issue regarding the use of performance-enhancing drugs - and he reckons Anthony Joshua is amongst those "legally cheating".

“Look at it like this - there’s loads of fighters who are legally cheating," Whyte said.

“That’s the bigger question in sport that needs looking into and needs shining a lot on, it’s TUEs, because you’d be shocked to see how many fighters are on stuff.”

When asked what Miller was thinking when he took banned substances Whyte continued: “I think he’s thinking ‘I’m fighting a juice man so I’m getting on the juice too’.

“That’s the bigger question in sport that needs looking into and needs shining a lot on, it’s TUEs, because you’d be shocked to see how many fighters are on stuff.”

When asked what Miller was thinking when he took banned substances Whyte continued: “I think he’s thinking ‘I’m fighting a juice man so I’m getting on the juice too’.

“He’s thinking ‘boy, I’m gonna make my own TUEs up!’ He knows Joshua’s on TUEs so he probably just got scared.

“It’s a big fight and he doesn’t want to get hurt, he probably just got scared and thought ’s*** I’m going to get killed, I’d better do something drastic!’.”

Re: Is Anthony Joshua a drugs cheat? - Dillian Whyte thinks so!

It's not cheating if you've got a TUE but of course he's got a TUE, Whyte isn't implying anything, he's stating it, if he's wrong let AJ sue him or at least deny it. Jaroid accused AJ of having a TUE too at least once that I can recall and when it was AJ's turn to speak he didn't deny it. What someone like AJ needs a TUE for is beyond me, details of the application and the response should be made public.

So it's not cheating but I can understand why an opponent might be feeling that he's at a disadvantage if he doesn't have a TUE too but Jaroid took the piss, the 3 substances he took weren't about gaining equality, he was juiced to the gills and trying to gain a signifcant advantage over his opponent.

Re: Is Anthony Joshua a drugs cheat? - Dillian Whyte thinks so!

What someone like AJ needs a TUE for is beyond me, details of the application and the response should be made public..

You'd be amazed how many professional athletes have asthma. At least, I can only assume they have asthma, given their penchant for Salbutamol inhalers...