Tommy Langford middlweight or super middlweight?

The_budweiser

I know he’s had a few defeats as a middleweight but I can’t see a future for him as a super middleweight.

He lost against Lerrone Richards and no disrespect to Richard but he’s far from an exceptional fighter but he made light work of Langford and credit to him. Richards was crowned the Commonwealth and the WBO International Super Middleweight champion after the fight.

As a middleweight Langford had a height and reach advantage over his opponents which often helped him win many of his fights. As a super middleweight he has lost both these advantages and it’s not as if he’s bringing power up with him to compensate - He has six KO’s in 21 fights.

I really do think he should move back to middleweight and rebuild his career as it’s only going to get worse as a super middleweight

Thoughts?

Re: Tommy Langford middlweight or super middlweight?

He peaked some time ago now. Hes not got a career at european level nvm world. Just another hyped average-level UK boxer who got found out. Like Ritson and Skeete (to name but two). He should consider a retirement as Im sure he has something to offer the sport but the longer he carries on his fruitless efforts in the ring, the more he risks serious injury.

He peaked some time ago now. Hes not got a career at european level nvm world. Just another hyped average-level UK boxer who got found out. Like Ritson and Skeete (to name but two). He should consider a retirement as Im sure he has something to offer the sport but the longer he carries on his fruitless efforts in the ring, the more he risks serious injury.

At, 29, I still think he could make a good living if he can win the British title again. But I don't think he'll become the British super middleweight champion, needs to move back down weight for me.

I dont think the weight is an issue. The issue is the ability. He didnt look hungry to win on Sat against a lad who's been out for over a year. Richards showed far more flair and inventiveness. Langford doesnt appear to know what a combo is something he should have mastered 10yrs ago or more, coz he certainly cannot dig with either hand.