Rances Barthelemy vs Robert Easter Jr For The WBA Lightweight Belt

LondonRingRules

--- Seemingly lethargic careers, but Kid Blast is the A level talent here and I think their styles will make a good stylistic contrast as Easter is more B grade boxer with modest speed. Coming Saturday in Vegas.

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/507579

Heavy Efe Ajagba on the undercard.

Edited by LondonRingRules

Re: Rances Barthelemy vs Robert Easter Jr For The WBA Lightweight Belt

think Easter takes this one.

Don't go judging him by his loss to Garcia. Mikey was the perfect fighter to give Easter trouble, being a small, aggressive in-fighter. And Mikey fought the perfect fight.

And who knows, maybe Easter overtrained for that fight, or was sick, or something. He didn't look right at all.

Against pretty much everybody else, Easter has looked fantastic. Excellent hand speed, deadly jab, incredible body work, serious power... B level by butt. :laugh:

Rances is great, but he's no in-fighter, and he doesn't have 1-punch power. I think Easter's jab will give him fits, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him go down from a body shot.

------------

Regardless, this is a brilliant fight!

Edited by Cableaddict

think Easter takes this one.

Don't go judging him by his loss to Garcia. Mikey was the perfect fighter to give Easter trouble, being a small, aggressive in-fighter. And Mikey fought the perfect fight.

And who knows, maybe Eater overtrained for that fight, or was sick, or something. He didn't look right at all.

Against pretty much everybody else, Easter has looked fantastic. Excellent hand speed, deadly jab, incredible body work, serious power... B level by butt.

Rances is great, but he's no in-fighter, and he doesn't have 1-punch power. I think Easter's jab will give him fits, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him go down from a body shot.

------------

I kinda agree...I slightly favor Easter to win. He lost to the better man. Barthelemy is A class for sure, but he can be beaten and it doesn't take a world beater to do it, as we saw when Relikh beat him.

Let's blame Cable!! It was a f**king horrid fight to watch!!

Here's a good image to sum it up!

D5O8QLEWAAIerHL?format=jpg&name=small

I wish I read this thread before I bothered going out of my way to obtain the fight and then sit through it. The most lively part was at the end when Barthelemy heard the decision was a draw and was storming around shaking his head as if he'd been robbed.

My card read 114-114 too, no one deserved to win and the belt rightly remains vacant.

I just woke up. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

It was pretty bad. Easter hasn't looked good in quite some time. And Rances must be on drugs if he thinks he out threw Easter in punches. Very laughable post fight interview.

Let's blame Cable!! It was a f**king horrid fight to watch!!

Well, it was a brilliant fight in theory!

(It really was.)

Who knew both fighters were going to totally bitch out? I think they should both have their purses withheld.