Kownacki should get the chance against Joshua

BoztheMadman

Re: Kownacki should get the chance against Joshua

Yeah, he was my first pick to replace Jaroid but later I heard that he'd ruled himself out so my second pick was Ruiz Jr and then Hunter.

Looks like Hunter is now favourite since Rivas has agreed to fight Whyte and Ortiz has now ruled himself out too.

Yeah, he was my first pick to replace Jaroid but later I heard that he'd ruled himself out so my second pick was Ruiz Jr and then Hunter.

Looks like Hunter is now favourite since Rivas has agreed to fight Whyte and Ortiz has now ruled himself out too.

I don't know about Hunter...a former cruiser and has lost already once, but to Usyk. He's relatively fresh in the division.He stopped Ustinov, but Ustinov is old and never was that good in the first place. We shall see. Hope he can make it a fight.

I don't know about Hunter...a former cruiser and has lost already once, but to Usyk. He's relatively fresh in the division.He stopped Ustinov, but Ustinov is old and never was that good in the first place. We shall see. Hope he can make it a fight.

Yep, stopped Bakolie too and isn't a drugs cheat so I say let's get him in there, not quite sure what's taking so long for the official announcement, the new opponent is entitled to sufficient time to prepare and we're already 5 short weeks away, I hope there's news within 24 hours

Yep, stopped Bakolie too and isn't a drugs cheat so I say let's get him in there, not quite sure what's taking so long for the official announcement, the new opponent is entitled to sufficient time to prepare and we're already 5 short weeks away, I hope there's news within 24 hours

--- Agree with your sentiments, but Hunter has already been in training for TBA the week before Josh fights that is now TBA, so given the context, sounds fair to me even if Hunter is expected to be outclassed.

Fast Eddie working the unexpected change for a proper dramatic announcement is my take that may or may not include Hunter as the Josh opponent.

He turned down $5m from Fast Eddie before Big Baby was even offered the fight.

It was too early I guess. May still be, may be better for him to wait on second thought. I still think he is one of the best opponents available for AJ right now.

Kownacki will get eaten alive by AJ.

He's powerful, and aggressive in spurts, but his defense is almost non-existent, and he's been horribly out of shape in his last few fights.

He's canon fodder. Cue Officer Barbrady......

Kownacki will get eaten alive by AJ.

He's powerful, and aggressive in spurts, but his defense is almost non-existent, and he's been horribly out of shape in his last few fights.

He's canon fodder. Cue Officer Barbrady......

I don't think shape is his "thing", but he blew out that guy, huge guy, what's his name...El Gallo. In only 2 rounds! Wilder needed 5. Gerald Washington. Also beat Charles Martin and stopped Szpilka in 4. I'd say he has a stronger claim than Hunter.

I don't think shape is his "thing", but he blew out that guy, huge guy, what's his name...El Gallo. In only 2 rounds! Wilder needed 5. Gerald Washington. Also beat Charles Martin and stopped Szpilka in 4. I'd say he has a stronger claim than Hunter.

He turned down $5m from Fast Eddie before Big Baby was even offered the fight.

Possibly more "deserving" but as Sel alluded to, if he has turned down an offer then it doesn't matter.

Hunter is at least an American name, and if he can avoid AJs big shots without any needless moves he could prove to be durable and quick enough to cause AJ to think a bit.

Possibly more "deserving" but as Sel alluded to, if he has turned down an offer then it doesn't matter.

Hunter is at least an American name, and if he can avoid AJs big shots without any needless moves he could prove to be durable and quick enough to cause AJ to think a bit.

Maybe not right now, but he will eventually accept it if he gets the offer. I meant that he does deserve a chance. Either against him or Wilder.