Whyte - Chisora confirmed for 22nd Dec

Gerald

Dillian Whyte-Dereck Chisora Rematch Set For 12/22 In London - Boxing News

I'm glad this fight is done. It's very unfortunate that it's on box office in the UK, but I understand the argument that it simply wouldn't have happened otherwise. Hard to live up to the sheer brutality of the first fight but I fully expect another good one. I had Whyte edging the first one and I think that's the likely outcome again

Re: Whyte - Chisora confirmed for 22nd Dec

Needs a seriously strong undercard or a co-headline for it to be worthwhile PPV for me. And being so close to christmas, I don't imagine it will do all that well.

Think Whyte has progressed since they last met and should handle Chisora comfortably.

Which begs the question what the hell is in this for Haye, who has decide to manage/promote "Delboy" who is nothing more than a journeyman gatekeeper at this stage.

I'm amazed David Haye pulled this off.

Well, I guess Whyte wanted an easy scalp with a recognizable name. Plus, supposedly, Chisora is getting paid slave wages.

It's a ridiculous fight. Whyte is clearly second level, and Chisora was once the same but is now is complete shot.

I'm not even interested in watching it for free.

--- Maybe after Whyte KOs delboy, del and Haye have an orchestrated public fall out leading to their rematch after which everyone retires to live happily rich ever after.

This scenario is not so inconcievable unfortunately!

I understand that's the fight that makes sense with the money and hype on British market....

Hype on the British market? Are you sure? I haven't seen a single person get excited about this fight.

Needs a seriously strong undercard or a co-headline for it to be worthwhile PPV for me. And being so close to christmas, I don't imagine it will do all that well.

Think Whyte has progressed since they last met and should handle Chisora comfortably.

Which begs the question what the hell is in this for Haye, who has decide to manage/promote "Delboy" who is nothing more than a journeyman gatekeeper at this stage.

I agree it needs a strong undercard. Not a fight that I'd pay for, Chisora is past it and Whyte should win fairly easy.

Whats in it for Haye? Well if Chisora can pull off the upset then it opens a lot of doors. At this stage of Chisora's career, it's a gamble worth taking.

The undercard will include midgets riding unicycles, a dancing bear, and several tigers leaping through flaming hoops.

That Eddie Hearn knows how to put on a show !

Hahahahahahahaha

That'd make me get my wallet out!

Whyte wins again, Chisora pulled a Fraudley last time out (I refer to Harrison vs Sprott) and he won't do so again. Of course we've got Warrington vs Frampton on PPV on the same night if I'm not mistaken, won't be paying for either but if I were to do so it'd all come down to the undercards and what's on offer.

Matchroom have put on enough PPV's for this year me thinks.

Eddie Hearn gave a good interview about that fight to Boxing Social....

I think that their first fight had a lot of casual tuning in on the Joshua undercard, then the show They shared last also did good numbers and both are big names in U.K and obviously They will "Talk rubbish"(*Dillian Whyte voice*) Those are the kind of fights that sell, like it or not...

Hard-core fans will probably buy Frampton vs Warrington (Already superb co-feature with Williams vs Metcalf!) - but I (unfortunetely) agree with Hearn's take on it. It is what it is.

"Fast car" Eddie is a huge smarmy bastard, with no shame, but at least he doesn't hide it, to his credit!

He's just straight up saying from a commercial point of view, the casuals who bought AJs pay per views and say this first one on the undercard might remember it and be interested to see that fight again. Of course. And how many of those casuals know who Luis Ortiz is!? He's a fair point.

My comment was merely about the boxing fans, not many are all that bothered by this fight. Unless it manages to be as good as the first one.