Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whyte - Chisora confirmed for 22nd Dec

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Whyte - Chisora confirmed for 22nd Dec

    Dillian Whyte-Dereck Chisora Rematch Set For 12/22 In London - Boxing News

    I'm glad this fight is done. It's very unfortunate that it's on box office in the UK, but I understand the argument that it simply wouldn't have happened otherwise. Hard to live up to the sheer brutality of the first fight but I fully expect another good one. I had Whyte edging the first one and I think that's the likely outcome again

  • #2
    Re: Whyte - Chisora confirmed for 22nd Dec

    Needs a seriously strong undercard or a co-headline for it to be worthwhile PPV for me. And being so close to christmas, I don't imagine it will do all that well.

    Think Whyte has progressed since they last met and should handle Chisora comfortably.

    Which begs the question what the hell is in this for Haye, who has decide to manage/promote "Delboy" who is nothing more than a journeyman gatekeeper at this stage.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Whyte - Chisora confirmed for 22nd Dec

      I'm amazed David Haye pulled this off.

      Well, I guess Whyte wanted an easy scalp with a recognizable name. Plus, supposedly, Chisora is getting paid slave wages.

      It's a ridiculous fight. Whyte is clearly second level, and Chisora was once the same but is now is complete shot.


      I'm not even interested in watching it for free.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Whyte - Chisora confirmed for 22nd Dec

        --- Maybe after Whyte KOs delboy, del and Haye have an orchestrated public fall out leading to their rematch after which everyone retires to live happily rich ever after.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Whyte - Chisora confirmed for 22nd Dec

          While I prefered the two in sepearate match-ups (Whyte vs Ortiz or Braezeale, Chisora vs Miller) - I understand that's the fight that makes sense with the money and hype on British market.... I think Chisora pulled off his final miracle in last fight and took terrible beating beforehand, whilte Whyte seems to be still steady improving - which makes me think it might be more one sided this time.
          Hopefully I'm wrong and We have another spectacular HW brawl.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Whyte - Chisora confirmed for 22nd Dec

            Originally posted by LondonRingRules View Post
            --- Maybe after Whyte KOs delboy, del and Haye have an orchestrated public fall out leading to their rematch after which everyone retires to live happily rich ever after.
            This scenario is not so inconcievable unfortunately!


            Originally posted by Mastrangelo View Post
            I understand that's the fight that makes sense with the money and hype on British market....
            Hype on the British market? Are you sure? I haven't seen a single person get excited about this fight.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Whyte - Chisora confirmed for 22nd Dec

              Chisora will at least give Whyte a fight...I hope. I really had him winning the last time.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Whyte - Chisora confirmed for 22nd Dec

                Originally posted by Ton View Post
                Needs a seriously strong undercard or a co-headline for it to be worthwhile PPV for me. And being so close to christmas, I don't imagine it will do all that well.

                Think Whyte has progressed since they last met and should handle Chisora comfortably.

                Which begs the question what the hell is in this for Haye, who has decide to manage/promote "Delboy" who is nothing more than a journeyman gatekeeper at this stage.
                I agree it needs a strong undercard. Not a fight that I'd pay for, Chisora is past it and Whyte should win fairly easy.

                Whats in it for Haye? Well if Chisora can pull off the upset then it opens a lot of doors. At this stage of Chisora's career, it's a gamble worth taking.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Whyte - Chisora confirmed for 22nd Dec

                  Originally posted by Ton View Post
                  Hype on the British market? Are you sure? I haven't seen a single person get excited about this fight.
                  Eddie Hearn gave a good interview about that fight to Boxing Social


                  I think that their first fight had a lot of casual tuning in on the Joshua undercard, then the show They shared last also did good numbers and both are big names in U.K and obviously They will "Talk rubbish"(*Dillian Whyte voice*) Those are the kind of fights that sell, like it or not...

                  Hard-core fans will probably buy Frampton vs Warrington (Already superb co-feature with Williams vs Metcalf!) - but I (unfortunetely) agree with Hearn's take on it. It is what it is.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Whyte - Chisora confirmed for 22nd Dec

                    The undercard will include midgets riding unicycles, a dancing bear, and several tigers leaping through flaming hoops.

                    That Eddie Hearn knows how to put on a show !

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Whyte - Chisora confirmed for 22nd Dec

                      Originally posted by Cableaddict View Post
                      The undercard will include midgets riding unicycles, a dancing bear, and several tigers leaping through flaming hoops.

                      That Eddie Hearn knows how to put on a show !
                      Hahahahahahahaha

                      That'd make me get my wallet out!

                      Whyte wins again, Chisora pulled a Fraudley last time out (I refer to Harrison vs Sprott) and he won't do so again. Of course we've got Warrington vs Frampton on PPV on the same night if I'm not mistaken, won't be paying for either but if I were to do so it'd all come down to the undercards and what's on offer.

                      Matchroom have put on enough PPV's for this year me thinks.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Whyte - Chisora confirmed for 22nd Dec

                        Originally posted by Mastrangelo View Post
                        Eddie Hearn gave a good interview about that fight to Boxing Social....

                        I think that their first fight had a lot of casual tuning in on the Joshua undercard, then the show They shared last also did good numbers and both are big names in U.K and obviously They will "Talk rubbish"(*Dillian Whyte voice*) Those are the kind of fights that sell, like it or not...

                        Hard-core fans will probably buy Frampton vs Warrington (Already superb co-feature with Williams vs Metcalf!) - but I (unfortunetely) agree with Hearn's take on it. It is what it is.
                        "Fast car" Eddie is a huge smarmy bastard, with no shame, but at least he doesn't hide it, to his credit!

                        He's just straight up saying from a commercial point of view, the casuals who bought AJs pay per views and say this first one on the undercard might remember it and be interested to see that fight again. Of course. And how many of those casuals know who Luis Ortiz is!? He's a fair point.

                        My comment was merely about the boxing fans, not many are all that bothered by this fight. Unless it manages to be as good as the first one.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Whyte - Chisora confirmed for 22nd Dec

                          Originally posted by Ton View Post
                          My comment was merely about the boxing fans, not many are all that bothered by this fight. Unless it manages to be as good as the first one.
                          Right. I definitely don't disagree.. I think it's going to be good again - but not quite as good or quite as competitive - and I'd rather see the two in different match-ups.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X