Did anyone watch Jacobs and Prograis at the same time?

Cableaddict

Re: Did anyone watch Jacobs and Prograis at the same time?

I've never done that with any fight but I scored the Jacobs fight so I couldn't have even if I wanted to (which I didn't).

I need my full attention on each fight, that's why I didn't get on here until late yesterday evening, took me pretty much the whole of Sunday to watch the live fights that I missed on Saturday

I attempted to but decided to concentrate on Jacobs/Dereyev which was slightly behind, and Prograis was clearly controlling that fight.

Great that the WBSS was being shown on YouTube so I watched that on the laptop and had the Jacobs fight on Sky on the TV.

It's quite fun to have 2 going at once if you ain't too focused on just 1 for scoring or whatever.

117-111 Jacobs (8-3-1)

Say what?

:faint:

I didn't score it, but my gut said Jacobs by maybe 2-3 point, max. Well, OK, it's one of those fights where HOW you score could radically change things. - But I still think you're waaaay too wide. Sergiy actually landed a more punches overall, and clearly won a decent number of rounds in the second half. Jacobs landed the better shots, but except for the KD, he never did any damage.

The way I score, if neither guy is getting hurt, then every landed power punch gets the same weight, unless it's partially blocked or partially slipped.

Edited by Cableaddict

I watched the Welsh card on Freeview S4C (Wales national broadcaster) - a great show that featured the return of Andrew Selby and several 50/50 matchups. Plus, a 2012 Olympic silver medalist being shockingly destroyed and his unbeaten record gone. I wrote a report but paused to catch up on the Fury vs Pulev fight - that tedious affair was enough to put my lights out.

Watched Prograis vs Flanagan next morning. Prograis impressed once again. Boy can box or brawl. Danny Jacobs vs Sergiy Derevyanchenko was a good fight. Jacobs building up a solid resume.