Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury to be held at Staples Center, Los Angeles

Bear Hugger

America's Deontay Wilder will defend his WBC world heavyweight title against Britain's Tyson Fury at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

The arena, which is home to NBA sides Los Angeles Lakers and LA Clippers, has a 21,000-seat capacity.

It was confirmed on Saturday that the bout between Wilder, 32, and Fury, 30, will take place on 1 December.

Both Wilder and Fury are undefeated, with Wilder registering 39 knockouts from 40 fights.

Fury, who returned from a two-and-a-half-year spell out of the sport in August, has not lost in 27 fights.

Wilder has held the WBC title since January 2015 while Fury previously held the IBF, WBA, IBO and WBO heavyweight world titles.

Source: Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury to be held at Staples Center, Los Angeles - BBC Sport

Re: Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury to be held at Staples Center, Los Angeles

Fury vs Wilder: Fight NOT sanctioned as Tyson Fury isn't enrolled in anti-doping programme

Link: Fury vs Wilder: Fight NOT yet sanctioned due to anti-doping issues | Daily Star

Phew! I thought we were talking about the NSAC at first. As long as the fight is still on then I don't really care whether or not the WBC title is on the line

As long as the fight is still on then I don't really care whether or not the WBC title is on the line

Surely this is the whole point of the fight? Esp for Fury, I would have thought this was a prerequisite - who then has a bargaining chip for an AJ payday.

Surely this is the whole point of the fight? Esp for Fury, I would have thought this was a prerequisite - who then has a bargaining chip for an AJ payday.

I honestly think Fury just wants the glory, I doubt he's thinking much beyond that.

Who knows what goes on in his tiny mind, but as I see it, Fury has courted an AJ stadium fight for some time now, and the paycheque that will accompany it, then win/lose he will be set up financially to crawl away and do what he wants, preferably (for me) not boxing related.

Perhaps him and the other English gippo could open a charm school together.

But the AJ fight will happen anyway - for Christ's sake, they're currently trying to promote the idea of a Whyte rematch, that's how short on options they are.

I think they're also trying to find a way to justify fighting Miller, god help us all.

I think they're also trying to find a way to justify fighting Miller, god help us all.

I don't have a problem with that in itself - I believe a champion should take on all comers, but Fury or Wilder should be the next top priority, and certainly not someone he already beat not that long since.

Actually it isn't. His claim to the lineal championship is what matters to him. He told Wilder in their "face to face" (roundtable show on BT Sport) that after he beats Wilder he'll give him back his belt "belts mean nothing to me" he went on to tell Wilder.

Anyway, I hear he has actually enrolled now anyway so maybe you're right in spite of what he said (though he may just not want to be seen as having something to hide)

"belts mean nothing to me" he went on to tell Wilder.

The day I start taking what Fury says as the gospel is the day hell will freeze over mate. This is the same man who was doing gear and trying to convince everyone he had eaten wild boar.

Conversely, AJ is motivated by belts and has done all he can to hold onto them all and says he will continue to do so. And this has been the case with actions not words up till present. And I still maintain; and its just my opionion, disagree if you like, that without the WBC strap Fury doesnt get the big stadium AJ payday he wants.

If Fury loses to Wilder I cannot see any reason why AJ would risk putting 4 straps on the line to fight Fury in an all-or-nothing scenario. Way too risky.

If Fury loses to Wilder I cannot see any reason why EDDIE would risk putting 4 straps on the line to fight Fury in an all-or-nothing scenario. Way too risky.

Edited for accuracy!

• 1 month later...

--- Freddie Roach to be Furys cut man.

Also been part of the Fury training camp. Anyone know what Ben Davisons credentials are? Never heard of him until Fury started his comeback.

Tyson Fury Enlists Freddie Roach as Cut Man Ahead of Heavyweight Title Fight

^ Pretty interesting.

But does that mean Roach is also involved in Fury's training? You would think so, since they've moved to his gym, but the article isn't clear on this.

Freddy is notoriously busy, and team Fury is notoriously egotistical......