Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SPOILERS] Sergey Kovalev vs Eleider Alvarez

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [SPOILERS] Sergey Kovalev vs Eleider Alvarez

    --- Yup, Sergey Kovalev defends his WBO title against the Montreal fighter Chickenson ducked, The undefeated Eleider Alvarez in Atlantic city.

    On Saturday Kov should take this by ko, but Alvarez is a defensive fighter and Kov moving up ther in age, so we shall see.
    Last edited by LondonRingRules; 08-05-2018, 12:23 AM.

  • #2
    Re: Sergey Kovalev vs Eleider Alvarez

    Excellent fight.

    Alvarez has surprised me before, so ....

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Sergey Kovalev vs Eleider Alvarez

      Isaac Chilemba, who has lost to both Kovalev and Alverez, is fighting Bivol on the undercard.

      Good luck Isaac. You are going to need a ton of it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Sergey Kovalev vs Eleider Alvarez

        Good fight for Kov. I reckon he eventually stops Alvarez, but it's not gonna be a cakewalk. Shouldn't be.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Sergey Kovalev vs Eleider Alvarez

          Agree and disagree with Gavin. Great test for Bivol and is the highlight of the piss poor event. Will be no walkover but expect Bivol to be triumphant.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Sergey Kovalev vs Eleider Alvarez

            We expecting Bivol to step in with Kov next and smash him to bits after they've both shared another card?

            I like Bivol, he's a killer!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Sergey Kovalev vs Eleider Alvarez

              Originally posted by Ton View Post
              We expecting Bivol to step in with Kov next and smash him to bits after they've both shared another card?

              I like Bivol, he's a killer!

              Indeed.

              Bivol is the future of the division. I expect Sergey to retire, rather than face him. (And no shame in that, either.)
              Last edited by Cableaddict; 08-02-2018, 10:24 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Sergey Kovalev vs Eleider Alvarez

                Both fights look great on the paper. Chilemba may be little past-prime, but I still remember how surprised I was when he stood his ground against Kovalev. It's hard to predict what can happen in the main event. Alvarez isn't always exciting, but effective.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Sergey Kovalev vs Eleider Alvarez

                  Making the trip to this card. Hoping Kovalev looks impressive, so it hypes up a potential Bivol matchup.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Sergey Kovalev vs Eleider Alvarez

                    Originally posted by repsac View Post
                    Making the trip to this card. Hoping Kovalev looks impressive, so it hypes up a potential Bivol matchup.
                    Nice!


                    I expect Kovalev to be in the shape of his life. He's obviously past his prime, but he'll be fit, and likely very aggressive in the ring.

                    Despite the fact that the cheating cuntbag from Oakland lost their first fight and should have lost via DQ in the second, those bouts have to still hang heavy on Kovalev's mind. He must be looking to erase some of that stink, with a really aggressive, fan-friendly win over Alvarez.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Sergey Kovalev vs Eleider Alvarez

                      Originally posted by Cableaddict View Post
                      Nice!


                      I expect Kovalev to be in the shape of his life. He's obviously past his prime, but he'll be fit, and likely very aggressive in the ring.

                      Despite the fact that the cheating cuntbag from Oakland lost their first fight and should have lost via DQ in the second, those bouts have to still hang heavy on Kovalev's mind. He must be looking to erase some of that stink, with a really aggressive, fan-friendly win over Alvarez.
                      It's a shame Alvarez wasted so many years chasing that Stevenson fight. I felt he had a decent chance against him, less so against Krusher.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Sergey Kovalev vs Eleider Alvarez

                        I felt he had a decent chance against him, less so against Krusher.
                        TBH I would have thought a defensive fighter like Alvarez would have a better chance the other way round. Kov is SO, SO predictable and lunging - whereas Chickenson throws offensive punches from silly angles and is MUCH harder to read.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Sergey Kovalev vs Eleider Alvarez

                          Originally posted by selij View Post
                          TBH I would have thought a defensive fighter like Alvarez would have a better chance the other way round. Kov is SO, SO predictable and lunging - whereas Chickenson throws offensive punches from silly angles and is MUCH harder to read.

                          I pretty much agree.

                          Kovalev is indeed fairly predictable, just hard to stop. The Haitian Rapist has a one-dimensional offense but his defense is brilliant, esp those head slips. Both guys give Alvarez a rough night, but Kovalev is most likely easier to land on. - And especially now.

                          If Alvarez can make it to the final bell, and the judges haven't been paid off, he definitely has a chance.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Sergey Kovalev vs Eleider Alvarez

                            The Haitian Rapist
                            ................

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Sergey Kovalev vs Eleider Alvarez

                              I think the only way you might give Eleider a chance to outbox Kovalev is based on his 2 fights with Ward. But thats unfair, because Ward is several levels above most in terms of skill and boxing IQ.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X