[Spoilers] Takam vs Chisora

The_budweiser

Chisora does something Anthony Joshua couldn't do and KO Takam and win the fight faster and without any controversy. Chisora won by KO in round 8, Joshua won by TKO in round 10 which many disagreed with.

Lovely overhand right to finish the fight.

Where does Chisora's career go from here?

Re: [spoilers] Takam vs Chisora

What a bullshit finish.

It was a lovely OH right, no doubt, but that stoppage was inexcusable.

Foster called it off without a count. Explain to me why? Takam is as tough as they come, he arguably had won every round, and after he went down, he IMMEDIATELY started getting up. His mouthguard was in, and his eyes were clear. Foster was obviously looking for any chance to give the fight to Chisora.

And now they have another easy matchup for AJ.

Same old boxing......

What a bullshit finish.

Foster called it off without a count. Explain to me why? Takam is as tough as they come, he arguably had won every round, and after he went down, he IMMEDIATELY started getting up. His mouthguard was in, and his eyes were clear. Foster was obviously looking for any chance to give the fight to Chisora.

Same old boxing......

Boxrec has the result as TKO. I thought it was a KO.

Do you really think he was getting up from that to be in the position to continue safely? That over hand right was a cracking shot and it was the second time Takam hit the canvas in round 8.

What a bullshit finish.

Same old boxing......

Takam was actually out on his feet if you watch it again. Foster could have waved it off then but he gave him a chance & he basically walked right into that right with his hands down. It was the right call & really no controversy at all in my opinion. Takam is as tough as nails but he was hurt badly by that first right to the temple that put him down initially. He was a sitting duck by that point like Price was against Povetkin when he got stunned before getting dropped...

Foster was closer to the action than any of us sat on the Laura Ashley sofa at home. He's a seasoned pro who has his faults but we must respect his decision in this case as he must have seen something in Takam's eyes or physical state that rang alarm bells. I hardly think Foster is the root of all evil and brown envelopes when it comes to dodgy decisions. We have took to Germany for that type of biased agenda/behaviour as has been witnessed numerous times over the years and as recently as last week with the Fedor Chudinov vs Nadjib Mohammedi fight.

--- The BBbc travesty of a headbutt KD of if Parker was the game changer in that fight.

Takam got stretchered, alert but otherwise physically inert, a legit ko.

And I picked Parker and Takam in my predictor. At least I got mikey right for one of three this Saturday.

Foster was closer to the action than any of us sat on the Laura Ashley sofa at home. He's a seasoned pro who has his faults but we must respect his decision in this case as he must have seen something in Takam's eyes or physical state that rang alarm bells. I hardly think Foster is the root of all evil and brown envelopes when it comes to dodgy decisions. We have took to Germany for that type of biased agenda/behaviour as has been witnessed numerous times over the years and as recently as last week with the Fedor Chudinov vs Nadjib Mohammedi fight.

Are we forgetting Froch-Groves I ? Howard Foster should be in prison for that theft.

- and he couldn't have seen anything in Takam's eyes because he didn't bother to look.

You guys amaze me sometimes.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1030[/ATTACH]

Make up your own mind.

I take my post (in the other thread) back, and agree with Cable here now.

Takam is ready to go again right there! :haha:

Kinda unfair but that's boxing. Chisora looked pretty awful before that ko. I think he should retire.

As those who follow the sport know, regardless of how good you look and how many rounds you are ahead, you are only one punch from disaster in boxing.

As those who follow the sport know, regardless of how good you look and how many rounds you are ahead, you are only one punch from disaster in boxing.

That's true. Even for a guy like Chisora, not exactly the hardest puncher out there, if he hits you at the right spot, it's game over. Temple is the worst place to get hit. Remember when Sven Ottke knocked out Mundine? He was never a puncher, only has 6 ko's of 34 wins, but when he hit Mundine on the temple, that was it.

the fight wasnt stopped prematurely.

If someone gets up from a hard knockdown and then just walks into another big right without putting up his guard, it tells you that he was in no condition to defend himself.

Nice comeback from Chisora. Fun fight, but I thought Takam applied the wrong strategy. We've seen him being on the backfoot and countering successfully against parker. He didnt have to put on the pressure every round against a heavier and stronger Chisora.

Kabayel gave an easy blueprint on how to handle chisora, but takam just went out and tried to bully Chisora lol.

That's true. Even for a guy like Chisora, not exactly the hardest puncher out there, if he hits you at the right spot, it's game over. Temple is the worst place to get hit. Remember when Sven Ottke knocked out Mundine? He was never a puncher, only has 6 ko's of 34 wins, but when he hit Mundine on the temple, that was it.

If you get hit hard enough on the off button you get switched off.

If you get hit hard enough on the off button you get switched off.

Yes but it's a shame because I'd rather see Takam fight someone good than Chisora. Takam was better and deserved another big fight. Chisora will just get pummeled. And this time there will be no luck for him.

Yes but it's a shame because I'd rather see Takam fight someone good than Chisora. Takam was better and deserved another big fight. Chisora will just get pummeled. And this time there will be no luck for him.

Luck is a very hard thing to predict. Most didn't predict he would get lucky against Takam.

Exactly! TKO6 Lennox over Vitali but Vitali was up 4-2 when it was stopped... boohoo Lennox busted his face up & forced a stoppage. Sure Chisora was losing but so was David Tua in many fights that he pulled the late KO...

Team Chisora said they would wait until the second half because they knew Takam wasn't a big puncher...

the fight wasnt stopped prematurely.

If someone gets up from a hard knockdown and then just walks into another big right without putting up his guard, it tells you that he was in no condition to defend himself.

Nice comeback from Chisora. Fun fight, but I thought Takam applied the wrong strategy. We've seen him being on the backfoot and countering successfully against parker. He didnt have to put on the pressure every round against a heavier and stronger Chisora.

Kabayel gave an easy blueprint on how to handle chisora, but takam just went out and tried to bully Chisora lol.

Actually I have many of Takam's fights & he usually is a slow starter who feels out his opponent but then puts on the pressure in the 2nd half. He is usually in your face aggressive once he feels out his opponent & gauges his punching power but in this fight he came right after Chisora from the opening bell & may have punched himself out.

Exactly! TKO6 Lennox over Vitali but Vitali was up 4-2 when it was stopped... boohoo Lennox busted his face up & forced a stoppage. Sure Chisora was losing but so was David Tua in many fights that he pulled the late KO...

I didn't read any controversy into Lewis-Vitali then and certainly don't read any into it 15 years later - remarkably some still do. All 3 judges had Vitali up 2 points. So what? It wouldn't have mattered if they had had Vitali in a shut-out to that stage, because he simply wasn't fit to continue. The only surprising thing was he was allowed to continued until then.