Dillian Whyte vs Joe Joyce, could happen soon! Who you got?

Looks like the fight might be happening this year. Whyte has slated Joyce today on Sky Sports and I managed to get hold of Joyce's manager, Sam Jones.

Who do you think wins if they meet?

---

Dillian Whyte claims 'deluded' Joe Joyce has 'no defence and no power'

Dillian Whyte has provided a scathing assessment of Joe Joyce's ability, and threatened to "destroy" him if they got in the ring together.

Dillian Whyte claims 'deluded' Joe Joyce has 'no defence and no power' | Boxing News | Sky Sports

Exclusive: Joe Joyce would take Dillian Whyte in his next fight claims manager, Sam Jones

Dillian Whyte and Joe Joyce share a similar opponent on their professional record, Ian Lewison.

Exclusive: Joe Joyce would take Dillian Whyte in his next fight claims manager, Sam Jones - Boxing News - Ring News24

Re: Dillian Whyte vs Joe Joyce, could happen soon! Who you got?

--- way too early for Joyce, but maybe to close out 2019. Thought whyte was moaning about being mandatory for fighting Deyonce.

Do you really think its too early LRR?

He's 33 years old this year. Hes had a lot of amateur fights and featured in the WBS series.

He also stopped Ian Lewison quicker on his debut than what Whyte did in his 20th fight.

P.S Whyte's always moaning :lol:

Agree with Bobby - like him, but he still fights like a greenhorn at the moment. A Whyte bout is way too early on Joyce's curriculum vitae for 18 mths or more.

Have Whyte winning this, but not sure why he would take this fight when he's close to a title shot again either AJ or Wilder at some point in the next year.

Exclusive: Manager, Sam Jones shares his plans for Joe Joyce; Whyte, Miller or a big named fighter could be next after quick title defence

Dereck Chisora turned down the chance to fight Joe Joyce. Chisora wasn’t prepared to risk a career loss at such a pivotal point in his career, unless it was for a massive pay day.

Exclusive: Manager, Sam Jones shares his plans for Joe Joyce; Whyte, Miller or a big named fighter could be next after quick title defence - Boxing News - Ring News24

Have Whyte winning this, but not sure why he would take this fight when he's close to a title shot again either AJ or Wilder at some point in the next year.

I'm thinking the same sould. Sexton didn't take the fight as he was looking for a leg up and didn't want to give another fighter a leg up. I don't think there is any real benefit or money in it for Whyte.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I think Whyte beats him handily. Beating Ian Lewison & going 8 rounds in his debut was impressive but I think he is still too raw to beat Whyte. Nothing to gain for any legit HW fighting Joyce. I don't think Haye has the money to pay Whyte or Chisora to risk fighting him. I can't see it happening to be honest...

It's obviously "too soon" for Joyce.

- except like Bud sez, he's too old to take the normal "prospect" route. If they can make this fight happen, they'd be crazy not to take the chance.

And heck, a loss won't exactly derail Joyce's career right now.

Also, he has some serious gifts. Surprisingly fast & athletic for a big guy, and great stamina as well.

Plus he's very aggressive.

I think Whyte has stamina issues, and Whyte doesn't have 1-punch power, so he's going to have to really box Joyce.

Joyce is a huge guy, so I think he can survive any early onslaught from Whyte. Then Whyte will start to gass, and Joyce will just wear him down with his stamina, output, and his sheer size. Joyce is lacking pro experience, but it's not like Whyte is some ring IQ Mensa member. The guy is as basic as it gets. He's fast & tough, but one dimensional.

Partly because I no longer rate Whyte very highly, and partly because of all Joyce's attributes, I think Joyce wins this fight via a late round KO.

It's obviously "too soon" for Joyce.

- except like Bud sez, he's too old to take the normal "prospect" route. If they can make this fight happen, they'd be crazy not to take the chance.

And heck, a loss won't exactly derail Joyce's career right now.

Also, he has some serious gifts. Surprisingly fast & athletic for a big guy, and great stamina as well.

Plus he's very aggressive.

I think Whyte has stamina issues, and Whyte doesn't have 1-punch power, so he's going to have to really box Joyce.

Joyce is a huge guy, so I think he can survive any early onslaught from Whyte. Then Whyte will start to gass, and Joyce will just wear him down with his stamina, output, and his sheer size. Joyce is lacking pro experience, but it's not like Whyte is some ring IQ Mensa member. The guy is as basic as it gets. He's fast & tough, but one dimensional.

Partly because I no longer rate Whyte very highly, and partly because of all Joyce's attributes, I think Joyce wins this fight via a late round KO.

Whyte can go 12 rounds as he has proven several times. He has wins over Chisora, Helenius, Browne the last few years & went the distance (12 rounds) in 3 fights. I'm not sure stamina is an issue. I think Joyce is being a little overrated & he is easy to hit. He will have to work his way into contention but can Haye pay opponents enough to take the risk?

Whyte might be irrelevant in 18 months in the current landscape.

Cable makes a good point that Joyce isn't your typical hot prospect since he's had a late start in the pro game, so he needs to move quick and take risks if he want's to make a name for himself and be propelled to the top of the division.

Whyte can go 12 rounds as he has proven several times. He has wins over Chisora, Helenius, Browne the last few years & went the distance (12 rounds) in 3 fights. I'm not sure stamina is an issue. I think Joyce is being a little overrated & he is easy to hit. He will have to work his way into contention but can Haye pay opponents enough to take the risk?

To me, he hasn't looked good in the later rounds, in any fight. He still attacks in spurts, but you can see that his output slows.

OK, that's true of a lot of HW, but not Joyce, which is all thatmatters right now.

I'll have to watch Whyte's later fights again, to be sure (if I can stand it) but that's how I remember it.

-------------------------

Jpyce IS easy to hit, you are correct, and that's his big weakness. - But as I wrote, his offense is so relentless, and his gas tank so full, combined with Whyte not being a huge puncher, that I think he'll just wear Whyte down and take him out in the very late rounds.

--- So, nothing better for British boxing than a replay of Price vs Thompson you say, eh?

LOL. Could well be.

- Except Thompson was one clever son of a gun. Whyte appears to be dumb as a post.