Eddie Hearn offers Alexander Povetkin a June fight with Dillian Whyte

The_budweiser

Hot on the heels of his savage knockout of David Price on the undercard of the heavyweight unification clash between Anthony Joshua and Joseph Parker on Saturday night, veteran heavyweight Alexander Povetkin has been offered a fight with WBC #1 contender Dillian Whyte in June by promoter Eddie Hearn.

The 38-year-old Russian, who starched the hapless Scouser with a left hook in the fifth round at Cardiff’s Principality Stadium, will move into the WBA’s number one contender spot with the victory.

Eddie Hearn offers Alexander Povetkin a June fight with Dillian Whyte - Boxing News - Ring News24

Re: Eddie Hearn offers Alexander Povetkin a June fight with Dillian Whyte

I thought Povetkin's next fight was against Charr for the WBA title. Wasn't he put as mandatory? If he was, its the route I'd take over money fights against Whyte, Joshua or WIlder. Get the belt and he might be able to be in position to demand more.

--- Just funny money Edward mucking up the waters so nobody can see the jokers in his wildcard game.

Hes got Whyte and Povetkin in the queue with Deyonce and Haymon frothing at the bit to get some of Josh's big money fights and poor man charr willing to fight for an improved purse in England.

I thought Povetkin's next fight was against Charr for the WBA title. Wasn't he put as mandatory? If he was, its the route I'd take over money fights against Whyte, Joshua or WIlder. Get the belt and he might be able to be in position to demand more.

I don't think the WBA regular title is a bargaining tool for one of the big fights.

no one significant really cares about the regular belt at heavyweight.

the fringe contender of the world are going to target the belt, because charr is an easy opponent, but Joshua or wilder won't.

and Germany is probably going to hold on to the belt. they probably going to give kabayel or schwarz the belt at some point.

Does the WBA Super Champ get a mandatory at all? I really don't understand this. I thought the super champ has to defend every 18 months against his WBA mandatory, but who will that be, if the number 1 spot is the mandatory for their trash belt? If Povetkin is Charr's mandatory, does Joshua have any mandatory at all? Or is it the regular guy? That would at least make a little bit of sense, why this belt even exists.

tremendous fight, Povetkin for me is No. 2 of the division behind Joshua. I think Whyte has no way to beat him but it can be a fantastic fight.

I agree. I don't know how long the fight would last, but it would probably be entertaining as hell. I think Whyte may have some chance of winning, especially since Price managed to give Povetkin some trouble. I still think Povetkin would win.

IBF order Dillian Whyte to fight Kubrat Pulev to determine number one contender

Heavyweight contender Dillian Whyte 23-1 (17) is suddenly a man in much demand after his stunning sixth round knockout of Australian Lucas Browne at London’s O2 Arena on March 24.

IBF order Dillian Whyte to fight Kubrat Pulev to determine number one contender - Boxing News - Ring News24

Regardless of any politics, and in direct response to the thread title..I would like to see Whyte v Povetkin. After seeing Price wobble Povetkin, I think it would be a great action packed fight.

I really like this fight and it makes sense to me!

Surely it's time for Joshua / Wilder now? They are both at the very top, coming off decent wins.....Only politics and ego can get in the way.

5 posts in 7 days to post in the dl section.... no shout box, any chance i can get a release here :hug:

Huge coincidence the forum has taken off somewhat since that rule was put back in place!! :whistle:

I really like this fight and it makes sense to me!

I agree it's a good fight.

But it's sort of tarnished by the fact that we basically KNOW that AJ won't be facing Wilder any time soon. So, what's left for the both of them?

Maybe Pulev for AJ, but Pulev is 36 and aging fast, hasn't fought in a year, and was really never that good, anyway. His best wins came back in 2012, after that his only real accomplishment is a split decision over an un-motivated Chisora.

---------------

I guess Breazeale would be acceptable for Wilder, despite having basically stuck his chin out at AJ, saying "please hit me."

His win over Ugonoh was incredibly impressive.

- But Breazeale starts unbelievable slowly, and Wilder has a solid record of putting guys away in the first 2 rounds.

Well, it's better than AJ-Pulev, at least.

---------------------------------

And now let's fast forward to December. If Hearn makes Povetkin-Whyte for June, then he's surely gonna' setup the winner of that with AJ.

So what then? AJ- Wilder in mid 2019?

Edited by Cableaddict

But it's sort of tranished by the fact that we basically KNOW that AJ won't be facing Wilder any time soon.

Well we don't KNOW this at all though, do we!? You are just speculating because you have concocted a fantasy in your head.

Unless you have been in the spa sauna with Eddie and AJ while they were discussing their options, obviously! :whistle:

Whyte doesn't need anymore eliminators. He should just sit it out and wait, one or two keep busy fights. Don't need to go through Povetkin or Pulev, as he is the WBC No.1 ranked contender.

- Except Whyte has already lost to AJ, in rather overwhelming fashion.

He needs a few high-profile wins on his record, before he faces Joshua again, in order to make that fight more reasonable /marketable.

- Except Whyte has already lost to AJ, in rather overwhelming fashion.

He needs a few high-profile wins on his record, before he faces Joshua again, in order to make that fight more reasonable /marketable.

Except.......Joshua isn't the WBC champion.

Hearn has been continually emphasising how Whyte wants a title shot and yet now he's mandatory with the WBC it would seem a bit incongruous to have him pursue eliminators for the IBF and WBA. I think they know that Wilder is going to leave the WBC mandatory for as long as possible (maybe late 2019) and Hearn has a degree of control over when the other sanctioning bodies' mandatories are taken (given that he promotes Joshua). Still, if the priority is a title shot then it's a risk to fight Pulev/Povetkin in order to get one with Joshua rather than Wilder.

But Wilder wants none of that, so it could be a loooong wait.

So Josh wants none of Wilder,

Wilder wants none of Whyte

Whyte wants anyone he can get

There's gonna be another big merry go round!!

So Josh wants none of Wilder,

Wilder wants none of Whyte

Whyte wants anyone he can get

There's gonna be another big merry go round!!

Money talks, I can see the Whyte-Wilder happening before Wilder-Joshua.

But, Wilder's next fight might be Pulev. It's going to be an interesting few months to see how it all unfolds.

Hey Ton, I just wanted to say that it is not a coincidence that the forum has taken off, because of the new ruling, it is a direct consequence of affirmative action! I admit, I am only posting because of the rule, but I have always been one for doing what is asked of me. I always thanked the uploaders and used to post a lot, but certain people didn't like what I wrote, so to stop the friction, I desisted.

Not arguing with you btw, just explaining myself, as I was one of the main ones downloading without posting on the forum. I had no idea that it bothered anyone, but it turns out it does, so I will do what I can.

Manuel Charr's next fight is against Fres Oquendo on 4th May for Charr's 'Title'

If the Dillian that turned up against Lucas Browne turns up should be a decent fight but if its the Dillian vs Helenius then..............we are doomed

Edited by WSMFC64

Money talks, I can see the Whyte-Wilder happening before Wilder-Joshua.

But, Wilder's next fight might be Pulev. It's going to be an interesting few months to see how it all unfolds.

Strike while the iron's hot, I say!!

Why risk it, an off night or (as in the heavyweight divison) one perfectly times shot and it's lights out.

Hey Ton, I just wanted to say that it is not a coincidence that the forum has taken off, because of the new ruling, it is a direct consequence of affirmative action! I admit, I am only posting because of the rule, but I have always been one for doing what is asked of me. I always thanked the uploaders and used to post a lot, but certain people didn't like what I wrote, so to stop the friction, I desisted.

Not arguing with you btw, just explaining myself, as I was one of the main ones downloading without posting on the forum. I had no idea that it bothered anyone, but it turns out it does, so I will do what I can.

Doesn't personally bother me. With reasonable debate, this is a good place, so long as people respect other peoples opinions even if they are different from our own.