Giuseppe Quartarone - who's this guy?

pittbox

I think everyone has seen that the referee from the Joshua v Parker behaved in a ridiculous manner. The fact that he didn't care about loose tape on Joshua's gloves is something I don't recall happening in fights at this level. Fans also blasted Italian for interrupting the action more than it was needed. Quartarone doesn't have big fights on his record as a referee, but his history of judging is quite interesting.

2017-03-11 Demetrius Andrade def. Jack Culcay by SD in Germany - Stanley Christodulu and Nelson Vasquez have it 116-112, but Quartarone has it 115-114 for Culcay. Terrible scorecard.

2016-02-20 Felix Sturm def. Fedor Chudinov by MD in Germany - Quartarone was among three judges guilty of this terrible robbery (he had it 115-113). I had it like 118-110 for Chudinov.

2011-12-03 Robert Helenius def. Dereck Chisora by SD in Finland - You can guess that Quartarone was also responsible for this widely criticized robbery. Him and Manuel Palomo had it 115-113 for Helenius, while Leszek Jankowiak had it the other way for Chisora.

These are not some minor infractions. He had terrible scorecards in all the "close" remarkable fights on his record. I think we can safely assume that this guy doesn't belong in officiating? Quartarone is a referee and judge of WBA and EBU. The fact that they picked him for such a big fight and no one bothered to check his record out is beyond my mind.

pGAx1Oy.jpg

Re: Giuseppe Quartarone - who's this guy?

The best ref / judge money can buy.

Nothing surprising here. He did exactly as instructed. He completely took away any small chance that Parker had.

If anyone thinks that was due to incompetance, they need to check into rehab, asap.

Re: Giuseppe Quartarone - who's this guy?

--- Such has long been brewing in the new propped up safety model for the big names they want to market.

To be fair, much of western biz and politics operate in the same way, just not so obviously whe you have two stripped down men trying to make a fight and the ref won't let them. Anyone have a BBbc email to file a petition of complaint that can be passed around the internet for signatures to swamp em?