Billy Joe Saunders suffers injury

The_budweiser

WBO Middleweight World Champion Billy Joe Saunders has suffered an injury to his hand that has scuppered his plans to defend his title against Martin Murray on Saturday 14th April at The 02 in London.

Saunders, who suffered his injury during a training session, is devastated that he will not be fit to box on April 14th as he was looking forward to producing another masterclass after his career-best performance against David Lemieux at the Place Bell in Laval, Canada in December.

Billy Joe Saunders suffers injury; ticket information released - Boxing News - Ring News24

Re: Billy Joe Saunders suffers injury

Fucking ducker!! :whistle:

Don't know why they couldn't of moved Flanagan to the main event and put on another fight to support the bill. Flanagan's 33-0 and he barely gets any recognition, would of been a good chance to showcase his talent.

Don't know why they couldn't of moved Flanagan to the main event and put on another fight to support the bill. Flanagan's 33-0 and he barely gets any recognition, would of been a good chance to showcase his talent.

Yeah, I was surprised they cancelled the whole thing. I hope the timeline still works for BJS to successfully lobby for a fight later in the year with the winner of Canelo-Golovkin (although good luck if Canelo wins!)

Yeah, I was surprised they cancelled the whole thing. I hope the timeline still works for BJS to successfully lobby for a fight later in the year with the winner of Canelo-Golovkin (although good luck if Canelo wins!)

Not sure if this is a case of poor promotion or just a dull boxer to be honest?

No doubt "Tel" is a decent enough boxer but just smacks of that stereotypical WBO Frank Warren fighter with an unbeaten padded record and picked up that lucrative WBO belt along the way.

Not sure if this is a case of poor promotion or just a dull boxer to be honest?

No doubt "Tel" is a decent enough boxer but just smacks of that stereotypical WBO Frank Warren fighter with an unbeaten padded record and picked up that lucrative WBO belt along the way.

That's probably fair - but Frank has had a good few of them top bills in the past!