Can Frank Buglioni beat undefeated Callum Johnson?

The_budweiser

Frank Buglioni and Callum Johnson will clash on March 24 for Buglioni’s British light-heavyweight title. It was originally proposed by promoter Eddie Hearn that the winner of this bout would meet the winner of a Hosea Burton-Anthony Yarde fight and fight fans were immediately salivating at the prospect. Yarde, of course, is promoted by British rival Frank Warren and problems inevitably arose when Warren dismissed the idea and asked for Yarde to get a direct crack at Buglioni instead.

http://www.ringnews24.com/2018/01/22/can-frank-buglioni-beat-undefeated-callum-johnson

• 1 month later...

Re: Can Frank Buglioni beat undefeated Callum Johnson?

I remember watching Johnson at the Commonwealth Games and he looked really good. I expected big things and thought his career would be further on.

I know he had problems with Warren, injury's and his dad passing.

Maybe a step to far with being out the ring for so long with this being his first fight back. It's a good match-up and I'm looking forward to.

I think it's possible for Buglioni. It's not like it's the first time he's faced an unbeaten fighter. Although you could argue that Hosea Burton just got overconfident and got caught.

• 2 weeks later...

That question was answered quickly. Props to Johnson for answering it in a devastating fashion. Although given the brevity of the fight, I don't think it told us much about Johnson. The fight reminded me of the match between Scott Cardle and Lewis Ritson; both Cardle and Buglioni unwisely decided to get into a shooting match.

I meant to post on this sooner, but the topic kind of got buried.

I also have a great deal of respect for how Buglioni reacted after the fact. He was up front about what happened. I don't know what's next for him, but I look forward to seeing it.

Callum looked awesome against Frank, and looked like he could blast out almost anyone. However, it is hard to judge, based on his very low quality of opposition. Have a look at his record. His team should have more faith in him.