I'm going to SuperFly 2 - Post fight thoughts [SPOILERS]

repsac

Just got a ringside ticket for the SuperFly 2 card at The Forum in Los Angeles. Super excited to attend that historic venue for a boxing card.

Juan Francisco Estrada is facing Chocolitito conquerer Sor Rungvisai. Inoue will be on there as well.

Great time to be alive!!!

Re: I'm going to SuperFly 2

--- You dirty dog you!

Yeah, rub it in while we dream Inoue dreams. Maybe vs Rungvisai the next fight? A little guy foreign fight in the States? We can dream can't we, or what's a heaven for?

I was working all day, then saw they posted about the Pre-sale. Snagged a ringside ticket. Haven't made my travel arrangements yet, but i knew i had to go to this.

• 2 months later...

SuperFly 2 - opinions [spoilerS]

Brian Viloria v Artem Dalakian

Unsuccessful comeback of Viloria resulted in a clear unanimous loss. I think 118-109 may be little too wide as I scored it 116-111 for Dalakian. Commentators of the undercard actually thought that Viloria won this :ranger: Ukrainian fought with a very awkward and quite dirty style, losing a point for pulling opponent's head down and cutting Viloria with an elbow. American fighter didn't do enough with exception of several hard blows. Dalkian controlled the fight from the distance, landing a lot of jabs and body punches.

Donnie Nietes v Juan Carlos Revec

One-sided performance by Nietes, who outlanded Argentinian in every round and ended the fight with the TKO win in round 7.

Carlos Cuadras v McWilliams Arroyo

Action packed fight ended with a surprsing win for Puerto Rican fighter. It was hard to seperate both boxers when it comes to number of punches landed, but Arroyo appeared to land cleaner shots. I scored it 95-95, but judges had it 95-95, 97-93, 98-92 for Arroyo.

Srisatek Sor Rungvisai v Juan Francisco Estrada

Main event started quite slow and close, which was good for Estrada who landed some decent shots. Rungvisai increased his activity and appeared to gain momentum in rounds 4-7. He was ahead after 7 rounds, but Mexican outlanded Thai opponent in the 8th round. Rounds 9-11 looked quite even. Rungvisai was more active, but Estrada also landed some clean counter-punches. Estrada had a dominant last round and fight as a whole appeared very close to me. Judges had it 114-114, 115-113, 117-111 for Rungvisai and it's hard to argue with any of those cards. It's a great win for Thai fighter as I had Estrada as a slight favorite.

Edited by pittbox

Re: SuperFly 2 - opinions [spoilerS]

--- Noticed the boxrec arguements over who won the Majority Draw, the same result in the first Gonzalez fight that everyone argued about.

Thought it clear he won that fight, so I'll try to check out this fight. Maybe he knocks out Estrada in the rematch to make himself legendary.

Re: I'm going to SuperFly 2

Our writer Barbara Pinnella's ringside report.

[h=1]Wisaksil Wangek Champion Again – Wins Superfly 2 Over Estrada![/h]We went back to the Forum in Inglewood, CA for the event known as Superfly 2, put on by 360 Promotions and shown on HBO. This show promised to deliver as much, if not more, then the first event and at least as far as the main event was concerned, it did not disappoint.

Wisaksil Wangek Champion Again – Wins Superfly 2 Over Estrada! - Boxing News - Ring News24

Re: I'm going to SuperFly 2 - Post fight thoughts [spoilerS]

It was an enjoyable fight, I had it 115-113 to Rungvisai but there were a few rounds were both men could have been deemed to win depending on your preference, so a draw could have been a fair result.

I like Rungvisai, considering a lot of the Thai fighters tend to have ridiculously padded records fighting at home and they prove to be not quite so good when stepping up a level, Rungvisai has sprung to the top of the division and will probably take some beating.

Got big shots in his armoury but he knows how to box, how to dictate the fight and can go from controlled and calculated to a burst of agression that backs up his opponent and wins him the round. He's an effective fighter.

Re: I'm going to SuperFly 2 - Post fight thoughts [spoilerS]

Haven't watched any of the fights on video yet, been hectic at work. But i had SSR beating Estrada by 2 points. And what a great final round. I agree with the Arroyo decision. One little tidbit that i felt was interesting. There seemed to be some issue with the contracts for the Viloria vs Dalakian fight. I heard some mention at the weight in when Dalakian wasn't allowed in the room, until he signed his contract. He stood around visibly annoyed, looking angry. I turned to a couple people saying "he just might shock Brian tomorrow night."

I sat ringside. Met Kovalev, Bivol, Jessie Vargas, Amir Khan, and Jerrell Miller. Also actor from the HBO show Ballers Omar Benson Miller. Nice guy, and a big boxing fan.

Heard rumblings of a SuperFly3 in Cali in September. If so, i'll be there. No doubt.