Location of WBSS cruiserweight final known...

pittbox

and it's going to be ... Saudi Arabia :rant:

World Boxing Super Series Cruiserweight Final to be held in Saudi Arabia - World Boxing Super Series

I don't know what to say... What about the fans? Yeah, of course tons of people will fly to a wahabbi absolute monarchy where you can be whipped for drinking alcohol, cinemas are banned and women must even cover their faces in some places. Ring girls probably won't be allowed :lol: Has they even held any boxing event in the past? I don't think so.

Re: Location of WBSS cruiserweight final known...

Pound notes and Euros will always win in the end.

True dat.

Talk by Hearn of a possible AJ fight in Far East or Middle East next year too.

And going off on a slight tangent that's where all your Prem football matches will be played soon too. You dont think all these Arabian/Far Eastern investors have bought these football clubs to keep travelling over here do you in the middle of winter? It will be goodbye Prem soon :wave:

and it's going to be ... Saudi Arabia :rant:

World Boxing Super Series Cruiserweight Final to be held in Saudi Arabia - World Boxing Super Series

I don't know what to say... What about the fans? Yeah, of course tons of people will fly to a wahabbi absolute monarchy where you can be whipped for drinking alcohol, cinemas are banned and women must even cover their faces in some places. Ring girls probably won't be allowed :lol: Has they even held any boxing event in the past? I don't think so.

Frankly, if they get rid of ring girls it's a start, and if we can filter out anyone stupid enough to get caught with drink in Saudi, perhaps we'll benefit the sport ;)

anyone stupid enough to get caught with drink in Saudi

You can drink in Saudi (in certain areas) I have worked there on numerous occasions and have done so, its a terribly 2-faced regime.

Infidelity and homosexuality is punishable by death and Saudi bankrolls numerous terrorist groups. All this is ok but they wont let women drive cars.

You can drink in Saudi (in certain areas) I have worked there on numerous occasions and have done so, its a terribly 2-faced regime.

Infidelity and homosexuality is punishable by death and Saudi bankrolls numerous terrorist groups. All this is ok but they wont let women drive cars.

They now let women drive cars. Like this month.

I know you can get a drink in Saudi(I've spoken to a guy who worked for the RAF and dreaded going back there, and a guy who lived out there for a while) but you can't drink anywhere legally and if they catch you you'll be lucky to escape a flogging. Or that's the official line anyway - I presume as a result nowhere public serves alcohol and you have to take great pains to hide it.

It's why all the Sheikhs and Emirs come to London etc. isn't it? To large it up in Mayfair with a room full of prostitutes and alcohol and cocaine?

EDIT: Apparently women will be allowed to drive from next June - thought the announcement took immediate effect!

They also allowed women to watch sport events:

Saudi Arabia to Allow Women at Three Sports Stadiums - NBC News

They're probably better than Iran on that matter. I think women are allowed to watch other women compete there, but they're strictly forbidden from watching men.

Surely some reforms have taken place recently. Allowing women to drive, watch sports, lifting ban on concerts,... WBSS is probably just another step in improving country's image.

I have known about this news for some time now and I was really surprised. From what I understood the hope is that this tournament final will raise the profile of the sport of boxing in Saudi Arabia. I will be keen to see how they deal with ring girls, but looking at the way the modern Saudi Arabia is going they will probably get a pass.

On a side note, the future generations of boxing fans will be in for a surprise when they look up the records of the two finalists to see KSA as a location of one of their fights.