Linares v Campbell

gavpowell

No mention of this that I can see.

What a brilliant fight. I expected Campbell to last three or four rounds, but he did tremendously to hold his own with a man of Linares' class. Campbell still fights like an amateur for me - he'll throw one shot or lunge in with the double jab and then he resets. Linares' ability to chain his punches made a big difference.

Credit to Campbell for getting off his arse and making a fight of it though - he'll not beat Garcia or any of the really elite guys, but he's shown he can be a contender in world-class fights.If only he hadn't opened his mouth after the fight: "I honestly thought I outclassed him, I didn't think he was landing any shots whatsoever"

And then Kellerman says "I think you have a legitimate point of view there"! No he doesn't, and don't encourage him to say disrespectful, idiotic things, you witless goon.

Re: Linares v Campbell

I thought this was a mismatch soon as it was announced. Credit to Campbell for picking him self up after the knock down as it was a cracking shot.

Campbell surprised me lasting the distance, and making a fight of it.

Took a while for Campbell to gain confidence in the fight, if, he started quicker it might of been tighter on the cards.

Quite a tragic build up for the lad with the passing of his father. That said I don't think it had any effect on the outcome.

He did well to overcome the knockdown and get himself a bit more into the fight. I think I was quite generous to him for a few of the rounds and I scored it 117-112 with a few even rounds in there.

I don't think Linares stepped out of third gear though and only fleetingly did we see his flashy combinations. So it was a pretty comfy fight for him.

Agree about his words after the fight being a bit off and Kellerman in agreement with him was a bit daft,

Oh, and Victor Loughlin not doing any favours for the BBBoCs image really with his scorecard!

He's 29 so around his peak, the experience will stand him in good stead. Linares won the fight though Campbell did well to get back in it. Mikey Garcia will stop Linares.

Didn't realise Campbell was 29 at all!! He looks about 20 and still seems like a relative "prospect".

Didn't realise Campbell was 29 at all!! He looks about 20 and still seems like a relative "prospect".

He took a long time to go pro because his girlfriend wasn't keen on the idea and then not too long into his career, his dad got diagnosed, so that really set him back. He still fights like an amateur though,so it's probably too late to change his style.

Wonderful fight. Although i think Campbell showed some skill in there against Linares, i have to wonder about how much that was due to Jorge easing up in the middle rounds. If he would've stepped up the work rate, i could see Campbell getting stop around the 9th rounds. I had Linares winning the fight by 3 points.