Sergey Derevyanchenko fighting this friday

BoztheMadman

Great news! :boxing: He's fighting Tureano Johnson, who I reckon he can take. Johnson was stopped by Curtis Stevens before and has no good victories on his resume. I am really interested in this guy Derevyanchenko. Another prospective member in the Ukrainian dream team of Lomachenko, Usyk and Gvozdyk. :cool:

Re: Sergey Derevyanchenko fighting this friday

Nice.

Derevyanchenko looks the goods. Incredible fundamentals. (huge amateur background) super-high output, (he's an accumulation puncher and that elusive patience, so rare these days. Also his defense is nearly perfect.

Sadly, he's already 31 years old, so let's hope for a spectacular KO & then a big promotional push.

He's incredibly exciting to watch. Very fan-friendly. So, maybe the networks will also start pushing for him to get big fights.

I know he trains in the USA, so that should help.

Who's he signed to?

Nice.

Derevyanchenko looks the goods. Incredible fundamentals. (huge amateur background) super-high output, (he's an accumulation puncher and that elusive patience, so rare these days. Also his defense is nearly perfect.

Sadly, he's already 31 years old, so let's hope for a spectacular KO & then a big promotional push.

He's incredibly exciting to watch. Very fan-friendly. So, maybe the networks will also start pushing for him to get big fights.

I know he trains in the USA, so that should help.

Who's he signed to?

It says Alex Khanas, never heard of him. But DiBella wants him to fight GGG. I reckon this is DiBella:

Very underrated card.Tureano Johnson's only defeat against Stevens was controversial.His chin is susceptible, but he's still a very good opponent. Guy surely knows how to box and Derevyachenko will be tested.

Edited by Cableaddict

Very underrated card. Tureano Johnson's only defeat against Stevens was controversial. His chin is susceptible, but he's still a very good opponent. Guy surely knows how to box and Derevyachenko will be tested.

Thanks for that info. :thumb:

Very underrated card. Tureano Johnson's only defeat against Stevens was controversial. His chin is susceptible, but he's still a very good opponent. Guy surely knows how to box and Derevyachenko will be tested.

Controversial? It was an outright robbery !

here's what I have in my notes from that year:

"Curtis Stevens gets a robbery TKO over Tureano Johnson, 10 rounds, MW

Stevens looked like crap. He literally threw ONE jab the whole fight. Johnson was way ahead on the scorecards, when the ref called a BS stoppage.

He wasn’t hurt at all, and was in the process of ducking under Stevens’ onslaught.

THE ROBBERY OF THE YEAR. "

Edited by Cableaddict

You really gotta' feel for Johnson.

He got completely screwed by the powers that be, in the Stevens fight. Then he spent three years fighting nobodies for peanuts, trying to rebuild his career.

And now his new road to final recognition leads right smack into the best MW prospect in the game.

I'll be rooting for him (I always seem to root for the underdog) but let's face it, while he will probably give Sergiy a very good test, he's basically an ice cube in hell.

Such a talented guy, but the boxing gods seem to have it in for him.

Edited by Cableaddict

Watching the fght now, End of round three.

Man, Johnson definitely came to FIGHT! The balls on this guy are so big they're scraping the canvas.

Sergiy seems to be comfortable, and in no real trouble, but Johnson is in his face like a Scottish hill fighter on pcp.

Good fight!

Edited by Cableaddict

Watching the fght now, End of round three.

Man, Johnson definitely came to FIGHT! The balls on this guy are so big they're scraping the canvas.

Sergiy seems to be comfortable, and in no real trouble, but Johnson is in his face like a Scottish hill fighter on pcp.

Good fight!

Couldn't find a working stream but PBC showed the ending to Centeno vs Aleem......wasn't expecting that.

Couldn't find a working stream but PBC showed the ending to Centeno vs Aleem......wasn't expecting that.

OMG- that too ! (I only caught the last 30 seconds or so. Can't wait to see the whole thing. )

And yeah, the streams were a disaster tonight. I found one in another language that wasn't too horrible, but I think I still missed about half the fight.

On the bright side, I didn't have to listen to those absurd American commentators.

OMG- that too ! (I only caught the last 30 seconds or so. Can't wait to see the whole thing. )

And yeah, the streams were a disaster tonight. I found one in another language that wasn't too horrible, but I think I still missed about half the fight.

On the bright side, I didn't have to listen to those absurd American commentators.

2017-08-25 PBC on FS1 3-fight card avail for download here

Great fight, but I think Johnson took some unnecessary punishment. It was just playing with fire to let him go into 10-12 rounds. I just hope everything's OK with him. Johnson had some good moments in rounds 1-3, but for me Derevyachenko still edged them because he had been landing better punches. Later, the fight looked more one-sided, but Bahamian came back with a good 7th round and I scored this one for him. 8-12 rounds was pure Derevyachenko's rounds and he passed his test well.

Earlier, we've seen a good, but short match-up in the middleweight decision with Hugo Centeno Jr. knocking Immanuwel Aleem out cold in the third.

Derevyanchenko fight a good opponent and suffered him for all time. Congratulations to Johnson for having for having made an excellent match and to be able to put in difficulty a boxer superior to him. The weak chin of the American fighter condemned him otherwise he would have had a prestigious victory against an important opponent

Derevyanchenko fight a good opponent and suffered him for all time. Congratulations to Johnson for having for having made an excellent match and to be able to put in difficulty a boxer superior to him. The weak chin of the American fighter condemned him otherwise he would have had a prestigious victory against an important opponent

I don't think that he has shown any signs of weak chin at all. He ate a ton of blows from the puncher and stand still until the last round. Rather the lack of defence was the case, but it's hard to master fighting this style. Johnson has been beaten at his own game. I'd love to see Derevyanchenko against Golovkin v Alvarez winner. He'd be a good contender.

Think so? I don't. I think you are giving Johnson too much credit-and underrating Derevyanchenko.

[h=1]Sergiy Derevyanchenko Stops Tureano Johnson[/h]Sergiy Derevyanchenko (11-0, 9 KOs) remained unbeaten as he stopped Tureano Johnson (20-2, 14 KOs) in the 12th and final round of their middleweight world title eliminator that headlined a special Friday night edition of Premier Boxing Champions TOE-TO-TOE TUESDAYS on FS1 and BOXEO DE CAMPEONES on FOX Deportes

Page not found - - Boxing News - Ring News24

Think so? I don't. I think you are giving Johnson too much credit-and underrating Derevyanchenko.

I really thought Derevyanchenko would win more easily, I understand your comment, as I wrote I did not explain well. I consider Derevyanchenko an A class level fighter while I think Johnson is a B class fighter, so I was expecting a much less hard match for the Ukraine fighter, I meant this ;-)

I don't think that he has shown any signs of weak chin at all. He ate a ton of blows from the puncher and stand still until the last round. Rather the lack of defence was the case, but it's hard to master fighting this style. Johnson has been beaten at his own game. I'd love to see Derevyanchenko against Golovkin v Alvarez winner. He'd be a good contender.

I did not mean a chin of crystal, but right, I'm wrong to write weak chin, maybe it's better not great chin. I would expect another 2-3 matches before facing GGG, first I would like to see Derevyanchenko with Lemiux and especially with Jacobs, the last would be a great match

I really thought Derevyanchenko would win more easily, I understand your comment, as I wrote I did not explain well. I consider Derevyanchenko an A class level fighter while I think Johnson is a B class fighter, so I was expecting a much less hard match for the Ukraine fighter, I meant this ;-)

Oh, ok...but then you REALLY formulated yourself wrong, lol. No harm done. ;-)

Same here. There were moments in the fight when Sergiy actually looked in pain. No question he was the more powerful boxer, and arguably had the better ring generalship, but Johnson did an amazing job of getting his punches in, at least in the first half. I think if Johnson had more power, he might have taken Sergiy out.

What a gutsy performance.