Guerrero vs Figueroa this weekend. Thoughts?

repsac

I expect a fairly decent Main Event. Simply because Guerrero has slipped over the last couple years, and Figueroa doesn't impress me at 147. So it should be fairly even, with lots of punches being thrown.

Not sure what to think about Marcus Browne. I rated him highly, until he shit the bed against Hot Rod. Then he demolished Thomas Williams. Monaghan might be a punching bag after 4-5 rounds.

Just saw a pic of Kownacki, dude is in serious shape. He's taking this fight against Szpilka very seriously.

DEjc8alXYAUaru5.jpg

I'll be in attendance for this fight, and trying to avoid the outcome of the HBO results.

Re: Guerrero vs Figueroa this weekend. Thoughts?

My first thought was (seriously) Guerrero is still fighting?"

- Never heard of Kownacki, but if he can take out the very tough (if nothing else) Szpilka, then how much fun would THAT be? :haha:

-----------------

Browne?

I think he's BACK, baby! Well, I hope so.

I think his loss (and he knows it) to Red was a wake up call for him. Well, I hope so. ;-)

Edited by Cableaddict

How popular is Guerrero in US if they put him on the main event of free TV PBC show so often? He's past-prime, but Figueroa doesn't impress me either, so it can be close.

I tend to think PBC doesn't analyze how they come up with their matchmaking of fights. How else can you explain putting 2 fighters that has mostly fought in the west coast for the majority of their career as the main event on a card in Long Island, NY to debut boxing at a newly renovated arena? Also Guerrero coming off an 11 month absence from the ring and riding a 2 fight losing streak. With Omar having not fought since late 2015.

I tend to think PBC doesn't analyze how they come up with their matchmaking of fights. How else can you explain putting 2 fighters that has mostly fought in the west coast for the majority of their career as the main event on a card in Long Island, NY to debut boxing at a newly renovated arena? Also Guerrero coming off an 11 month absence from the ring and riding a 2 fight losing streak. With Omar having not fought since late 2015.

Good points, but I don't think Haymon gives a fuck.

He just needs to do enough to keep the company from going under, so he can continue to fleece his investors.

Matchmaking wise, it's a quality bill. I'm not too sure who wins out of Figueroa and Guerrero but go for the younger man. Szpilka is coming off a defeat and facing a fellow countryman - the Poles will turn out for this one. Szpilka should win but you never know with him.

Marcus Browne should have fun against Monaghan. Monaghan is another ticket seller. Bob Arum kept the irishman on our screens for way too long. Good to see him finally getting served up.

Jamal James vs Ionut Dan Ion is a fight that could go either way and should be close. Eric Walker vs Patrick Day - a good match-up.

Good stuff from Al Haymon.

Marcus Browne should have fun against Monaghan. Monaghan is another ticket seller. Bob Arum kept the irishman on our screens for way too long. Good to see him finally getting served up. .

Jeez, the guy's only 32. No need to send him to the glue factory just yet.

So, we got about 8 full rounds combined in all three main fights. I'm not complaining after little tiring British show ;-) Massive wins by Kownacki, Browne and Figueroa. Main event was a good scrap, but not smart from Guerrero.