Sky& Hearn Announce Wlad/Josh II

Re: Sky& Hearn Announce Wlad/Josh II

I've got mixed feelings about this. I don't really look forward to this despite the fact that first fight was great. But on the other hand, I don't see a lot quality opposition for AJ at the moment.

How do you go about making an offer to host a world title fight, does anyone know? What I'd really like is to be a squillionaire so I could put a ridiculously high bid in to host the fight in a local village hall or something.

The IBF have surprisingly agreed to let the fight happen rather than force the mandatory Pulev on Joshua. They didn't allow Tyson Fury the same courtesy and stripped him almost instantly, though that could be down to the pressure piled on them by Kathy Duva's Main Events. Pulev is with the Sauerland's, who have a good relationship with Joshua's promoter, Eddie Hearn. Maybe, they agreed not to push their claim, as long as they face the winner. That all kind of leaves Luis Ortiz dangling but who cares about a WBA 'super' belt - he should step in and KO Fres Oquendo for the 'regular' WBA.

Wladimir Klitschko did very well in the first Joshua fight but was still too tentative. He bounced a lot but didn't punch a lot. He's not going to change his approach much for a rematch. Joshua was relatively inexperienced but gained a bucket load in one fight, he'll make short work of it this time, lose less nervous energy.

Wlad got a lot of praise for the way he fought and lost. He's seen as an intelligent man, but is he going to repeat the same mistakes of the Heavyweights of folklore and keep trying. It's time to walk away, head held high and leave the new generation battle it out.