David Benavidez may be the best fighter alive.

Cableaddict

If you're not on the Benavidez hype-train yet, buy your ticket soon. Space is running out fast!

OMG, this kid is just INSANELY good....... The hand-speed of Chocolatito, the head movement of Canelo, the balance, patience, and calmness-under-pressure of Jermall Charlo, and seemingly the power of Kovalev. Plus, he's got that Golovkin thing going on, where if you somehow manage to hit him in the face, he just smiles and comes back at you harder & faster. His footwork has been his only minor weakness, but I see a huge improvement now, as of the Medina fight. He showed vastly improved balance and ring generalship. Check out his last 3-4 fights. (Highlights on Youtube.)

There are a number of incredibly gifted fighters on the way up right now (Spence, Davis, Usyk, Farmer, Dubois, etc) but I seriously think this kid might be the cream de la creme. A future P4P king of kings.

Yeah, yeah, let's wait and see as he moves up in opposition, but so far, wow ......

That is all. (That is ENOUGH!)

What say you?

Edited by Cableaddict

Re: David Benavidez may be the best fighter alive.

Taken with a pinch of salt given its you, and your love of overhype ;-)

I think it was cable that told me about Gervonta quite a while ago so I'll buy into this one based on that one.

I think it was cable that told me about Gervonta quite a while ago so I'll buy into this one based on that one.

Yep.

I also pegged Jermall Charlo years ago, when everyone (including his trainer) was saying Jermell was the superior fighter. Also Spence, when still an amateur. And both Wilder & Kovalev in their first year as a pro ....

Of course, I also thought Bute would go all the way. :faint:

I also thought Marcus Browne would become a top-3 LHW, when everyone else said no chance, but then he sorta' petered out.

Well, he DID look great again in his last fight, so maybe there's still hope.

---------------

I predict that Benavidez will be ranked top-five within 2 years, if he can get the right fights.

He beats DeGale & Groves right now. Jack might be able to dance to a UD victory, but he'd have to make zero mistakes.

IMO, only Callum Smith, & Jesse Hart are serious / dangerous opponents for him. And I mean RIGHT NOW. Watch this guy, he's just that good. He's so fast, so aggressive, and so accurate, his opponent doesn't have time to think or breathe. - And he also has great defense.

Faw-GEDDABOUDIT !

Edited by Cableaddict

^ That's my story, and I'm sticking with it. :whistle:

Don't want to make your head even bigger than it currently seems to be getting but didn't you tell me about demetrious andrade as well lol Credit where it's due

read what Abel Sanchez had to say about Benavidez, (who has sparred with Golovkin several times) in Feb of this year:

David Benavidez describes sparring with Gennady Golovkin - The Ring

And note: this was BEFORE Benavidez toyed with & completely dismantled the very tough Medina. This kid just keeps improving.

### Also note: read the whole article, because

Benavidez has some VERY insightful things to say about Golovkin, based on his actually sparring with him both recently and 5 years ago.

Edited by Cableaddict

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cQhvtKZyjo

:haha: :haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::h aha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::hah a::haha::haha:

:haha: :haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::h aha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::hah a::haha::haha:

That was a brilliant finish in that video above. He looks good there for sure. But the challenge is always when he faces people who can take a dig and throw some back.

That was a brilliant finish in that video above. He looks good there for sure. But the challenge is always when he faces people who can take a dig and throw some back.

That's the big question, of course. But watch some of his earlier fights, and you'll see his near-elite defense as well. The odd thing is, he doesn't always use that defense, as can be seen with Medina. Sometimes he kinda' turns into Golovkin, nad just chooses to stay in the pocket and trade. well, not surprising since he's been at Abel's camp several times, and has sparred with Golovkin.

IMO, one of the things that makes Benavidez special is the fact that he can fight BOTH like Golovkin, and like Whittaker, depending on whom he's facing.

That's some trick. - Imagine if Smith and Andrade are also involved? Boy Howdy.....

I REALLY hope he gets into the World Boxing tourney. That will fast-track him to the top-5, if in fact he's as good as I think.

Edited by Cableaddict

No one has posted the full Benavidez - Medina fight.

Anybody have a link?

We probably have to wait for upload on official PBC page. It usually takes about 2 weeks.