Tyson Fury being treated unfairly or Warren just after money?

He was caught in February 2015 yet this is 2017 and his hearing now might not be heard until October.

Frank Warren recently comment on the situation :

"Ukad have got a problem," said Warren. "He's entitled to make a living. If he's done wrong then get it over with. How can this be right? Why does it drag on from 2015?"

Fury also faces potential repercussions for refusing to fulfil a later test based on perceived persecution by Ukad.

Warren asserts this took place when the former heavyweight champion of the world was struggling to cope with depression and that when Fury's uncle and trainer called Ukad "an hour later", they "refused to come back".

Fury, 28, and his cousin and fellow heavyweight Hughie Fury, 22, were charged by Ukad in June 2016 as a result of urine tests conducted 14 months earlier which showed traces of nandrolone.

Between the failed tests and charge, Tyson Fury claimed the WBA, IBF and WBO world titles from Wladimir Klitschko, while Hughie Fury fought four times.

Both men deny any wrongdoing but their hearing was postponed after over two days when Ukad cited a "potential conflict of interest" on its panel.

Hughie Fury is still free to compete but Tyson lost his licence in October 2016 as the BBBofC moved "pending further investigation into anti-doping and medical issues".

If the case is dismissed, Warren hopes Fury will fight on 8 July on the undercard of Billy Joe Saunders' WBO middleweight title defence against Avtandil Khurtsidze in London.

Re: Tyson Fury being treated unfairly or Warren just after money?

Refusal to provide a test when asked is a vital part of the system.

If every fighter had an excuse why he couldn't provide one at a certain time then the word random gets taken out of it. This is the important part of making sure fighters can't cheat it by having even an hour's warning, so the whole thing would fall apart and they might as well all just start juicing. He needs to be banned imo.

One hot test and one refused test shortly after can't be ignored ffs I know people think he's 'good for boxing' but really, am I wrong?

If every fighter had an excuse why he couldn't provide one at a certain time then the word random gets taken out of it. This is the important part of making sure fighters can't cheat it by having even an hour's warning, so the whole thing would fall apart and they might as well all just start juicing. He needs to be banned imo.

One hot test and one refused test shortly after can't be ignored ffs I know people think he's 'good for boxing' but really, am I wrong?

Exactly. Well said.

You raise some very good points here. I really hope Tyson returns asap but he gotta sort this mess out.

Of course Frank is only concerned that Tyson should be allowed to earn, he's all heart.

As far as refusing to take a test goes then instant ban

Should be a longer ban for refusing to take a test, boxing needs to start standing up to crap like this and if it happens to the 'big' stars then it shows those lower down they won't get away with it

--- Tyson has already voluntarily served his suspension, but no so BBbc and ukad.

I'd ban those two, nay, impeach em and reorganize Brit boxing into a more competent and transparent org.

Those two as in tyson and hughie or those two as in BBBoC AND UKAD :laugh:

I say ban them all lol

--- Tyson has already voluntarily served his suspension, but no so BBbc and ukad.

I'd ban those two, nay, impeach em and reorganize Brit boxing into a more competent and transparent org.

It's a farcical situation. And because of the lack of transparency, cooperation and real will to change in order to enhance the sport, the broader public will be kept in the dark about the true reasons why this has been allowed to drag on. As soon as Tyson is back in the big bouts being talked about, this whole mess will be conveniently forgotten or glossed over and roles within the BBBoC and UKAD will be kept. Other professions or industries and heads would roll for similar incompetences, whether that be individual errors or from poor organisational structure