Tommy Langford next for Chris Eubank Jr

WelshDevilRob

Tommy Langford to tackle Chris Eubank Jr

Birmingham’s undefeated Tommy Langford (17-0; 6KO’s) will challenge Chris Eubank Jr (23-1; 18KO’s) for the British Middleweight Championship after promoter Frank Warren today won the purse bid to stage the fight.

Tommy Langford to tackle Chris Eubank Jr - - Boxing News - Ring News24

------------------------

Purse bids won by Frank Warren. Bit of a change from Triple G. Langford is a good fight but can he upset Eubank Jr?

Re: Tommy Langford next for Chrs Eubank Jr

Tommy Langford to tackle Chris Eubank Jr

Birmingham’s undefeated Tommy Langford (17-0; 6KO’s) will challenge Chris Eubank Jr (23-1; 18KO’s) for the British Middleweight Championship after promoter Frank Warren today won the purse bid to stage the fight.

Tommy Langford to tackle Chris Eubank Jr - - Boxing News - Ring News24

------------------------

Purse bids won by Frank Warren. Bit of a change from Triple G. Langford is a good fight but can he upset Eubank Jr?

I'll text Tommy and ask to interview him ahead of this fight.

Decent match-up this. Hopefully Tommy can pace himself better than his last fight and use his lengthy jab more to keep Eubank at bay. He doesn't have the power to stop Eubank but a perfect game plan can get him a points win. Although I'd favour Eubank to win this fight anythings possible.

Re: Tommy Langford next for Chris Eubank Jr

What's his style like?

Tommy Langford vs Timo Laine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inwZOaVOQ-E

WSMFC64 and myself will review Tommy's career in a thread in Downloads before the fight.

More to the point: Whats Eubank Jr's style like? He hasnt got one - just uppercut after uppercut and any decent boxer with a modicum of nous will deal with it. And another hype job gets found out. Whether Team Langford are onto it, I dunno. :noidea:

Much as I like Tommy, I just don't see him winning this fight. I'd really like to know what the Eubanks plans are? A couple of months ago, apparently, it was GGG - now it's Langford?? Bizarre. By the way, I really rate Tommy, but I rate Eubank more.

Much as I like Tommy, I just don't see him winning this fight. I'd really like to know what the Eubanks plans are? A couple of months ago, apparently, it was GGG - now it's Langford?? Bizarre. By the way, I really rate Tommy, but I rate Eubank more.

The only way I see Tommy winning is if he boxes smart and to a perfect game plan.

I don't recall Langford's chin being tested before, certainly Chris will try to overwhelm him. It's just nearly impossible to root for Eubank.

C'mon now. Don't let your feelings about Sr. cloud your opinion of Jr.

Chris seems to be a genuinely decent guy, and is CLEARLY a hard worker with a humble attitude and a strong desire to keep improving. I personally have nothing but respect for the guy.

It's just nearly impossible to root for Eubank.

True dat. True dat. With or without that twice bankrupt hanger-on of a father being in the frame, Chris Jr is just as annoying as Snr who lets not forget killed a roadworker (like myself) and was never man enough to even apologise to the mans family. Sums the cunt up. Got fined £250 and licence endorsed with 6pts.

Jr's a hype job with an uppercut and any boxer worth his salt will be able to deal with it. Not sure Tommy is da man but Eubank Jr will only ever hold a mickey mouse world title like his dad who never had the bottle to go over the pond and challenge the proper men of the weight division.

True dat. True dat. With or without that twice bankrupt hanger-on of a father being in the frame, Chris Jr is just as annoying as Snr who lets not forget killed a roadworker (like myself) and was never man enough to even apologise to the mans family. Sums the cunt up. Got fined £250 and licence endorsed with 6pts.

Jr's a hype job with an uppercut and any boxer worth his salt will be able to deal with it. Not sure Tommy is da man but Eubank Jr will only ever hold a mickey mouse world title like his dad who never had the bottle to go over the pond and challenge the proper men of the weight division.

Actually, he DID apologize:

Eubank fined #250 over fatal crash (From Herald Scotland)

- And you're still blaming Jr for Sr's general insanity. You got some personal axe to grind with the kid?

Actually, he DID apologize:

I have been advised for the last six months not to say anything publicly.

A courtroom apology 6 months after the event, and only after the verdict from a document scripted by his expensive lawyer doesn't count as as a genuine apology in my book, less still, actually being sorry.