10 posts over 7 days

We have made some changes to help protect our links. Selij has been working hard updating the career threads and the work Selij and Stan do to get us the most recent fights each week has been brilliant (much appreciated).

Unfortunately their uploads are being deleted and some members are posting 2 word reply's for access and some are sharing the links on other forums. By doing so the links are being deleted really fast and it opens them up for copyright prosecution.

I can't believe some are moaning about 10 posts over 7 days - it takes longer to record, edit, process and upload 1 fight. It's crazy to think you guys can't manage 10 decent posts over 7 days. I think you have to think about the amount of time and effort that goes into not just uploading but resourcing the fights and putting them together not to mention the money uploader's spend doing so.

I'd like to thank all our uploaders for all their hard work.

----------

ACCESS

To gain access to the downloads and videos members must make 10 posts over a 7 day period.

RULES

No Spam - Infractions will be given for members who continue to spam the site with tiny reply's for quick access to the downloads. Repeated offences will result in a ban from the site.

No sharing of any links found on this forum. You may download and upload to your own file host before sharing elsewhere. Users who break this rule will be banned.

EXCLUSIVE FIGHTS

Exclusive fights will also appear in the VIP section on the forum. Currently this is set at 200 posts for access but this may change in the near future. (likely to change).

Re: 10 posts over 7 days

Well said Bud. I've lost premium accounts that I have paid for out of my own pocket due to re-posters. Very shortly we wont have an upload link solution but they wont win, it will be sorted by an invitation-only private FTP server. Up to the re-posters. Spoil it for all. I'm looking into the ins-and-outs of setting this up now because some people are intent on ruining all the work.

Why not just DL my files and re-upp to your OWN hosts? Get yourself threatened with DMCA complaints?

Surely 10 posts over a week is not too much to ask? If it is I say fuck off to the Video Trading Block.

No posts = no income = no members = no forum.

Thanks for everyone who IS supporting the new regime. Fed up with n00bs turning up here Sun morn after big fight day and re-posting links. Wastes my time/effort and leaves me liable to prosecution - aint having it any more.

It's the typical culture of the Internet - the sense of entitlement without ever having to do anything in return. I used to be a member of a private streaming site that was about 4 quid for 30 days unlimited use, or had a handful of free streams if you didn't want to pay.

This was during the early days of streaming and used Winamp Shoutcasts with assorted codec packs for h.264 etc. People used to rant and rave at the staff when the streams cut out or weren't there on time, and I used to say "You're getting this for nothing, and even if you paid for it, it would be a few dollars - they're doing us a huge favour here!"

Nobody listened, and eventually the site went fully paid-access; presumably the owners felt if they were going to get abuse anyway, they might as well get paid for the privelege.

Edited by gavpowell
  • Like 1

----------

ACCESS

To gain access to the downloads and videos members must make 10 posts over a 7 day period.

RULES

No Spam - Infractions will be given for members who continue to spam the site with tiny reply's for quick access to the downloads. Repeated offences will result in a ban from the site.

I wont be held to ransom over the size of the post that I type....perma ban me now...I have requested this of Seli but he wont!!!

I wont be held to ransom over the size of the post that I type....perma ban me now...I have requested this of Seli but he wont!!!

Why do you need perma-banning? Just fuck off and don't log back in. Or do you feel you lack the willpower?

Why do you need perma-banning? Just fuck off and don't log back in. Or do you feel you lack the willpower?
Fuck off you deadbeat...go get a girlfriend, house and a fucking life you dumb twat

Thanks for everyone who IS supporting the new regime. Fed up with n00bs turning up here Sun morn after big fight day and re-posting links. Wastes my time/effort and leaves me liable to prosecution - aint having it any more.

I don't know about such things, but maybe there's a way to deter search engines from finding those pages? (Change a few letters in the titles, maybe, or well I dunno.... ) That way people wouldn't stumble on the downloads themselves, without first having come to these forums for actual discussion & such. That won't help with the scoundrels who are already reposting links, but it might limit new ones in the future.

It might also, unfortunately, keep some new people from joining, but what can you do?

Having the password helps, but the scoundrels can just post that as well, I guess.

The ultimate would be if somehow the system could track a member's posts, and AUTOMATICALLY block access to the downloads section for anyone who hasn't posted at least (say) 5 times in the last 7 days. - meaning ALWAYS. Each 7 days that block would renew.

And yet, that STILL wouldn't stop access to the url itself, so I guess that wouldn't even work.

Do we have an internet geniuses here who could figure out some better mechanism for this?

Edited by Cableaddict

Keep up with the insults and I'll be glad to. (You're already on my short list.)

Do we have an internet geniuses here who could figure out some better mechanism for this?

--- Never claimed to be a genius or boxing expert, but I don't do downloads of fights, so that seems to help.

:thumb:

Pity there are so many willing to abuse a system that otherwise enhances a boxing fan's knowledge and enjoyment of the sport, but n'er do wells have always infected every culture and always will. Hopefully we can find that happy balance with this problem.

There will never be a perfect solution, but these amends will most definitely be something of a deterent to those making just the 1 meaningless post never to return but run off with their haul.

All these conmen, n00bs andr re-posters should be (in theory) on all week posting ready to glean their Canelo/Khan goodies at the wknd. Cant see many of them active tbough.

Bud has even been PMd today - by someone who made a 1 word post for access recently - and asked if the post count can be reduced to 2 or 5 as 10 is excessive! You couldnt make it up!

He used more words in his PM than he has done for the sum total of all his posts since he joined!

All these conmen, n00bs andr re-posters should be (in theory) on all week posting ready to glean their Canelo/Khan goodies at the wknd. Cant see many of them active tbough.

They'll do it after the fact - Sunday will see a spike, you'll see.

Your meant to be a grown man. Your behaviour is terrible. I'm sick of the insults. I've met kid's who behave better. I'd be pretty embarrassed if I was you mofo.

Banned for 3 months. Personally I'd rather you didn't come back.