Drozd to fight Makabu in April!

BoztheMadman

Re: Drozd to fight Makabu in April!

Yep. Finally !

I'm a HUGE fan of Drozd, but the man is 36 years old. He looked incredible vs Wlod, which was less than 2 years ago, but time marches on.

I'll never forgive Makabu for beating my man Mchunu (an incredible fight that we've never even seen) even though he deserves credit for doing so, so I REALLY ant to see Drozd pull this one out, but his age combined with Makabu's obvious power is not a good mix.

Drozd can bang, no doubt, but not quite like Makabu. Drozd's main asset has always been his speed & defense. He's VERY hard to hit, fighting from the outside & with a high guard. Even against Janik, who tried to clinch all night and make it an ugly inside fight, Drozd was able to constantly break away and fight his fight.

Makabu is fairly slow, and should have the same trouble with Drozd as he did with Mchunu, but we all know what happened in the Mchunu fight. Makabu was way down on th cards, but weathered the storm and found his opening late in the fight as Mchunu tired. This could easily happen again, with a 36 year old Drozd.

I'm rooting for Drozd, but predicting Makabu by KO.

Edited by Cableaddict