Nick Blackwell hits out at British title opponent over sparring KO clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick Blackwell hits out at British title opponent over sparring KO clip

Chris Eubank Jnr and Nick Blackwell have got the verbal blows started early ahead of their British middleweight title fight next month, after the former shared a 'video nasty' of him knocking out an amateur in sparring on Snapchat.

Defending champion Blackwell said his March 26 opponent should be ‘ashamed of himself’ for sharing a clip on Snapchat where Eubank Jnr knocks out Essex's Tey Lynn-Jones, a fighter not due to make his professional debut until March 4.

‘He put a video up on social media, for the whole world to see, of him knocking out a kid who hasn't even had a pro fight and it's disgusting,’ said Blackwell.

‘The amateur kid is building his confidence and trying to learn from a so-called professional, but somehow, Eubank Jr takes pride in exploiting him like that.

‘I think Eubank Jr is so disrespectful. He should be ashamed of himself.’

‘I don't think he's good for boxing in any way, shape or form. He's arrogant, he's a bad role model and he gives the general public a perception that all boxers are money-hungry bullies.’

The son of former WBO middleweight and super-middleweight king, Chris Eubank, has more than 1,000 followers on Snapchat, where he shares an ever-increasing amount of behind-the-scenes footage from his training.

The former WBA interim-middleweight champion is no stranger to controversy. Before Eubank Jnr’s defeat to Billy Joe Saunders the pair got into such heated words that even after the latter’s victory he still referred to his beaten opponent as a ‘c***’.

Now Eubank Jnr has dismissed Blackwell for getting ‘emotional’ about the clips he shared on social media and says Lynn-Jones is a capable boxer who knew what he signed up for.

‘This is boxing and these things happen,' Eubank Jnr told the Argus.

‘He is a very capable kid and he has sparred with champions such as James DeGale and Andy Lee so he is not just somebody we have brought in off the street.

‘These sparring partners know that everything is being filmed on Snapchat, they are being paid and they know these videos will be seen.

‘As far as me being disgusting, if he wants to lose that language, then great. If he has got emotional about it, and wants to get other people emotional about it, then fine as more people will come and see the fight.

‘Blackwell can brand me whatever he wants but I think he is just worried the same thing is going to happen to him – which it is very likely it will.’

Re: Nick Blackwell hits out at British title opponent over sparring KO clip

absolute hate this frickin eubanks guy. mug. hope he gets sparked

Comment

Shitty thing to do by Eubanks, whether Tey knew he would or not.

Comment

Was at Gary Lockett's gym in Cardiff on Thursday. Interviewed several of his fighters. Here is my interview with Nick Blackwell.

Ringnews24 Interview: Nick Blackwell on career and Eubank Jr
        by Rob Day
        Ringnews24 Interview: Nick Blackwell on career and Eubank Jr - - Boxing News - Ring News24

Comment

After going to such low level, he really shouldn't be a role model for anyone. His arrogance will make him go down soon.

Comment

Its a thing of shame, as he seems to have plenty of natural ability and potentials as a boxer. Unfortunately he's surrounded by eccentrics advising him, who no doubt influence how he conducts himself. Adam Booth should step up and demand full control - or walk

Comment

Originally posted by Million Dollar Baby View Post
              After going to such low level, he really shouldn't be a role model for anyone. His arrogance will make him go down soon.
              Look on the bright side, Eubank will be in the same, sorry much worse, position as the sparring lad when GGG smashes him in half, that fact i can guaranty you.

Comment

That's the life today, social media always watching you. Embarrassing though.

Comment

Originally posted by Champ View Post
                  That's the life today, social media always watching you. Embarrassing though.
                  Or maybe Tay is thankful for Eubanks not going easy on him.

Comment

To be honest I really like Eubank. He is a good fighter, and I like his aggression. This is going too far though, and is as far from honorable as possible. What a shame, he should be embarrassed..

Comment

Are there more depths, any sportsman can sink to? Shame on Eubank Jr. Knocking out a semi professional and bragging about it is just ugly.
                      Last edited by Killer Punch; 03-01-2016, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X