Tommy Langford: Current and Future Fights

The_budweiser

My first interview of 2016 with Tommy Langford.

He talks about his upcoming fight with John Ryder and future fights against the likes of Billy Joe Saunders, Chris Eubank Jr and Nick Blackwell.

I hope you comment and enjoy the interview

P.S Thanks Gav.

-------

Ringnews24.com: Last time we spoke you said you wanted to push up the rankings to put yourself in the position to be mixing it with the best fighters in the division. The WBO have you ranked fourth; have you set any new goals?

It’s still my goal to keep pushing down that road really – I mean obviously being ranked fourth by the WBO puts you not too far off that world title shot, and given that Billy Joe[saunders]’s with Frank Warren as well, it’s an easier fight to make. That being said, obviously it would be nice to make it a bigger fight – push on and win a few more contests and that will get me even higher up and potentially a mandatory position. That’s ultimately what I am going for and then you know it’s unavoidable – the fight’s going to happen. It would also be nice in the next few fights to pick up a title – like this next fight I have a Commonwealth title shot, which is great and we can go on from there and move on to the British or European – that’s also something I’d like to do

Page not found - - Boxing News - Ring News24

Re: Tommy Langford: Current and Future Fights

Hey Bud great work. You can now add him to the list of boxers you have met on the thread I started.

I have to admit, I do not really follow British boxing, and this is despite living very close to Amir Khan, Scott Quigg, Carl Thompson and many others. I also don't really follow Asian boxing, so I am missing out, by focusing on Americans, Mexicans and Puerto Ricans, but AJ has my full attention, and others like Benn have gotten me interested. I said all that, to explain why I have to say that I have never even heard of Tommy Langford, and upon seeing the surname,I was instantly thrown into a bygone era, as I thought of Sam Langford, so thanks for bringing me up to scratch, because just by reading about a prospect, it makes me want to do more research.

Hey Bud great work. You can now add him to the list of boxers you have met on the thread I started.

I have to admit, I do not really follow British boxing, and this is despite living very close to Amir Khan, Scott Quigg, Carl Thompson and many others. I also don't really follow Asian boxing, so I am missing out, by focusing on Americans, Mexicans and Puerto Ricans, but AJ has my full attention, and others like Benn have gotten me interested. I said all that, to explain why I have to say that I have never even heard of Tommy Langford, and upon seeing the surname,I was instantly thrown into a bygone era, as I thought of Sam Langford, so thanks for bringing me up to scratch, because just by reading about a prospect, it makes me want to do more research.

Do you ever watch Boxnation? He is often one of their co-commentators as he is a Frank Warren fighter.

Do you ever watch Boxnation? He is often one of their co-commentators as he is a Frank Warren fighter.

No pal, I no longer watch any events in their entirety, I just watch the bouts that interest me, so I download them separately. I used to sit up all night watching the whole bill of say a Tyson card, but would now just record it, if it ever got back to when they did that.

Nice interview, there's one thing to fight for glory, another to fight for the money, the greatest is to fight because of your love and passion for it, but it's good when something inspires you to fight, all we care for is a good bout.

• 2 weeks later...