Kovalev-Stevenson is off! Kovalev-Ward is on!

Cableaddict

Damn, Al Haymon strikes again:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...128-story.html :rant:

Pertinent quote: "Kovalev’s manager, Egis Klimas, blames Haymon for placing his allegiance to his boxing company, Premier Boxing Champions, and Showtime over that of Stevenson’s best financial interests."

---------------------

But in other news - Kovalev - Ward will almost definitely be happening in November:

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/4...e-to-do-is-win :haha:

And it can't be said enough: Fuck Al Haymon.

Edited by Cableaddict

Re: Kovalev-Stevenson is off! Kovalev-Ward is on!

--- Poor Ward, still unsigned for Barrera and no ring in Oakland to hide behind.

He's aging in dog years now on a slippery slope with no mega paydays...RIP...

True dat.

Ward's biggest problem is that he has no one lined up that's good enough to get him prepared for Kovalev.

A good fight but Ward has been far too inactive and is struggling to get a fight sorted with anyone of decent level to prepare him for Kovalev. He definitely has the skills to win though and he's tougher than people give him credit for.

--- Reportedly Ward left the arena whereas Stephy jumped into the ring for a ruckus.

Surprised ward even managed to brave Montreal as a guest, musta been forced by Roc. Could be Duva has a new set of cards to play with and gets Stephy in Montreal where kovalev is a favorite now.

--- Reportedly Ward left the arena whereas Stephy jumped into the ring for a ruckus.

Surprised ward even managed to brave Montreal as a guest, musta been forced by Roc. Could be Duva has a new set of cards to play with and gets Stephy in Montreal where kovalev is a favorite now.

I didn't even realize Andre was in the venue. I can't believe then that he blew an opportunity to hype his bout with Sergey, in front of the cameras.

Ward is his own worst enemy.

I will bet for Andre. And i will get rich:haha:

Seriously, i think Ward can beat Kovalev. He is intelligent enough and he has great defensive skills.

Of course, he´s not gonna trade with the krusher...so don´t imagine an exciting fight.

I actually prefer Kovalev-Ward over Kovalev-Stevenson, I think Stevenson best chance of beating Kovalev has now passed.

I think Ward will win this fight, I think he counters well and his footwork and defence are far superior but with Kovalev's power, he defo has a big chance of stopping Ward.

You guys seriously think Ward has the ability to stay outside and outpoint Kovalev, for 12 rounds, without getting caught?

I just don't see it at all.

Sergey is not Froch. He has infinitely better ring generalship, plus he's bigger & (most certainly) hits even harder. He also will not get frustrated or confused by Ward's antics & movement.

I don't think you can beat a fighter like Kovalev or Golovkin just be being clever & skilled. You have to be able to match their power. That's why I see Stevenson as the much more intriguing opponent.

You guys seriously think Ward has the ability to stay outside and outpoint Kovalev, for 12 rounds, without getting caught?

He did it against Froch who hits hard and that's not counting Frochs stamina (There is still a question mark of Kovalev's stamina).

It's not just about Kovalev's power. Ward's game plan will be similar to his against Froch. Use footwork hit/counter, tie up opponent and only engage when he wants to not when he's forced to engage.

Key to winning this fight for Ward is nullifying Kovalev's power with counters then hold/clinch, which I think he is more than capable of doing.

I can see a very boring fight with Ward winning on points.

Yeah but once again: Kovalev 'AINT Froch. He's several levels above, in skill, rings smarts, and power.

And Kovalev ain't Ward - I see Ward winning a MD or UD - too smart for the Russian.

Hopefully not a SD as I see a boring fight and not sure I want to see a rematch, but maybe it will better than I think and not a boring clash of styles.

Adonis Stevenson has asked for 50/50 and the TV companies pay their own fighter the split. He claims that Showtime are happy with this but HBO have rejected it.

What they rejected (if we can believe what's been printed) was having to share the fight with another network.