Klitschko Activated His Rematch Clause

gavpowell

Yes folks, it's happening again - Klitschko has informed the Furies and anyone else concerned that he wants a rematch, date and venue to follow in the new year, probably.

Wladimir Klitschko ready for the rematch: Official Website of Vitali & Wladimir Klitschko

"I was really frustrated directly after the fight but after some short nights I now know that I want to show that I am much better than my performance on Saturday. I couldn’t show my full potential at any time. This is what I want to change in the rematch – and I will. Failure is not an option.”

I wish he hadn't used the Failure is not an option crap - he said that before Saturday's fight but it was an option he

soon took when it was available.

“There will be a huge worlwide interest in this fight which already can be billed as the fight of the year 2016

Huge worldwide interest? You betcha. Fight of the Year 2016? Gimme a break.

Re: Klitschko Activated His Rematch Clause

Good on him.

Always thought he was going to activate it. He doesn't want to be remembered as the man who lost his belts then never bothered activating the rematch clause.

I actually think Klitschko will win the rematch. He can't fight any worse that's for sure, same could be said for Tyson though.

Does the contract say where the rematch should be held?

Fury stops him in the rematch. Wlad too long in the tooth to miraculously change his safety first approach.

But the thing is he didn;t even fight his own normal fight - he wasn't just cautious, he fought scared.

Cant see Wlad fighting any diff in 2nd fight - too scared to commit in case he gets punched back. Total negativity and chicken shit. Tyson will only be stronger and more confident and even more tricky. Only one outcome again here - but a phat paycheck for Klit and good riddance.

2 big red "W"'S to Tyson Fury on Wlad's Boxrec resume forever - shocking.

2 big red "W"'S to Tyson Fury on Wlad's Boxrec resume forever - shocking.

that would be two big red Ls. And there's always the chance Fury gets cocky and gets dropped, or Klitschko decides "fuck it, I've nothing to lose this time - I'll fight the way I used to fight -full-on aggression."

Even more intruiging second time round. Will Wlad actually do anything, throw caution to the wind and all that. Not sure he can mentally.

One things for sure though, this one single loss has seriously dented his legacy in terms of where he ranks amongst the best in history.

I always said he would have given any heavyweight in history real problems with his style. Maybe his legacy still holds up (despite the poor division he dominated) and this was a case of him hitting the age where he's slowed down, isn't as devasting.

--- The Bronze Bambi ain't a champion, he's one of the weakest beltholders in history.

Wlad set some records that likely never get broken, and yup, the undisputed champ who unified everything his brother didn't. And no, there are no other 40 yr old heavies save Foreman who could come close to beating Wlad, so losing an overly tactical fight to an underrated giant who always was gonna be a difficult fight as Wlad's marital woes were weighing down on him won't affect his legacy one whit save the usual Loonytune Teddys who picked against Wlad every fight like windup idiots.

--- Trilogy only happens if the fight is a good one and Wlad wins.

While the fight was boring overall, it was interesting from a Fury perspective, especially when you consider he had his protector about a half foot too high and was having to hold on to his trunks to keep from mooning the stadium. Prefight he was moaning about his gloves when it was his pants that almost let him down...

:smiley-signs097:

Tyson Fury to be stripped of IBF title if he agrees to Wladimir Klitschko rematch.

Fury beat Klitschko last week but has already been warned that he will be stripped of the IBF title if he does not face mandatory challenger Vyacheslav Glazkov

Full article:

Tyson Fury to be stripped of IBF title if he agrees to Wladimir Klitschko rematch | Boxing | Sport | The Independent

Read some of the comments at the bottom of the page regarding rule 3B. Surely there can be some arrangement where the winner of the rematch has to fight the IBF mandatory?

--- Trilogy only happens if the fight is a good one and Wlad wins.

While the fight was boring overall, it was interesting from a Fury perspective, especially when you consider he had his protector about a half foot too high and was having to hold on to his trunks to keep from mooning the stadium. Prefight he was moaning about his gloves when it was his pants that almost let him down...

:smiley-signs097:

Agree - only way this goes to a trilogy is with a Wlad win in a good fight. Fury wins again he's able to move on without the K2 team having options on him; Wlad wins in a poor fight then a third will lack the intrigue and the money to make it happen again.

I think the IBF will back down. They're making a complete mockery of themselves by doing this, given that Fury is contractually obligated to fight Wlad NEXT.

If they don't back down, then we're back to alphabet city & the sport will suffer badly from it.

---------------

One thing I have to say: I'm actually starting to LIKE the big dufus. Sure, he only won his title because Wlad obviously threw the fight, and sure he's an idiot of epic proportions, but he has the balls to publicly put the IBF in their place, and you just gotta' love that.

Maybe we'll see a new, almost mature Fury, now that he "theoretically" has so much less to prove. If he remains outspoken, but more reasonable in his statements, it could be a very good thing.

Damn, David Haye better REALLY come back, cause now I only have Adrien Broner to make fun of. :laugh:

--------------------

That fight was God awful. I really didn't give Fury any chance going in, but Wlad just didn't seem to want to pull the trigger with the right. I can't figure out if his heart isn't in it any more or Fury's herky jerky style gave him pause. Hopefully this lights a fire under Wlad and we get to see an actual fight in the rematch.

fury will win by ko in the rematch, klitschko is shot to bits and cant pull the trigger no more.

Not sure about that. While Fury's style certainly bamboozled Wlad, he was never in any danger of being kayo'd either.

Ofcourse he has exercised the rematch clause, what else was he going to do.....go to the back of the queue for another shot at the World titles :laugh:

Retire - pushing 40, no more chance at breaking the defences record, millions in the bank, a new son and wife in treatment for depression, a lot of people thought he'd retire rather than go through it all again. Personally, I thought the rematch made sense since he did nothing himself and received very little damage from the fight - collect a few million, win or lose.

Not sure about that. While Fury's style certainly bamboozled Wlad, he was never in any danger of being kayo'd either.

Before the Fury fight, we would of all said Klitschko beats everyone and no one would beat him - I don't think anyone on this planet would bet their house or car on it, the result wasn't guaranteed.

Now that he has lost I am surprised how many have said he is shot to pieces because of his age, etc.........

I'm backing Klitschko in the rematch...