I'll never fight 'fraud' Haye - Fury

The_budweiser

World heavyweight champion Tyson Fury says he will never defend his titles against fellow Briton David Haye.

Fury shocked the boxing world by beating Wladimir Klitschko on Saturday to secure the WBA, IBF and WBO belts.

But Fury has not forgiven Haye for pulling out of two scheduled fights against him in 2013 and causing him "mental and physical torture".

"David Haye will never get a fight against Tyson Fury after what he did to me," said the Manchester boxer.

"I remember him saying that he'd never give me a payday. Well, the shoe is on the other foot now.

"If he gets a mandatory shot with any of the governing bodies, I'll vacate the title. Let him go and fight Fred Flintstone or Joe Bloggs and make no money.

"I don't care if he says I can make £10m by fighting him, it's not about money for me.

"I knew how much boxers got messed about at the highest level. But there were times [when Haye pulled out of the fights] that I didn't want to box any more.

"He is a pretender, a fraud and he is getting no opportunities from us."

Tyson Fury: I will never fight 'pretender' David Haye - BBC Sport

Re: I'll never fight 'fraud' Haye - Fury

Kind of fair enough really. Haye pulled out of two fights and I do recall that he said he'd never give Fury a payday when he was on his way up.

Only way this happens is if Haye works his way up and beats a fair few legitimate contenders and they clash for undisputedness. I can't see Haye getting that far though to be honest.

Anyone else think Haye is maybe just short on cash and needs funds?

Kind of fair enough really. Haye pulled out of two fights and I do recall that he said he'd never give Fury a payday when he was on his way up.

Only way this happens is if Haye works his way up and beats a fair few legitimate contenders and they clash for undisputedness. I can't see Haye getting that far though to be honest.

Anyone else think Haye is maybe just short on cash and needs funds?

Probably ,Ton but a lot of boxers come back or stay boxing as they don't want to miss the buzz of fighting.

I think its refreshing to hear Fury say he won't fight him - I just hope he sticks to his guns.

I wonder if fans will support Haye this time around. Gav found this comment a bit weird last night ""If people want to come and support me on this journey to Tyson Fury then feel free, because it's going to be a fun ride.""

David Haye says his style would 'murder' Tyson Fury's

David Haye says Tyson Fury is refusing to fight him because his style would "absolutely murder" that of the newly crowned world heavyweight champion.

Fury, who won three belts from Wladimir Klitschko on Saturday, has said he will never defend his titles against Haye.

They were scheduled to fight twice in 2013, but Haye pulled out of both.

"He has to realise I'm not after him, I'm after what he has - the belts," said Haye, who will fight Mark de Mori in January after a three-year absence.

"It says a lot about a new champion that he's saying he won't fight the man who would generate the most amount of interest and money, and would be the biggest possible fight on the planet for him."

David Haye says his style would 'murder' Tyson Fury's - BBC Sport

I still think Haye beats Fury unless he's declined during the layoff.

But I saw this last night and thought "Good on you, Fury" - it's what I always said the Klitschkos should have done to Haye: "Sorry, you've had two chances and you're still running your mouth. You are never getting a penny from us."

If that match ever happens, I would bet on Haye. I just like that guy for some reason, and I think he has it in him to beat the new champ. He is also much less arrogant then Fury, which is always a plus in my book.

my thoughts exactly. I don't see Haye getting that far this time around. Fury in no way will give him a shot. it's over for haye at that level, and he's just getting started, exercise in futility. O well he will make a money run coming back, if he is short on funds, that will patch him up

--- Fury would fight him only if he held the WBC title and was willing to take a scrawny 20% of the purse, leaving Fury the 80%.

Otherwise, why bother with a jerk who ain't even considered a pro boxer of any note anymore because he can't make the scratch line for a fight? First things first though. Wlad rematch won't be the walk in the park the first fight was and he certainly wouldn't want to fight a poser like Pinky Toe again.

That's just fair for Fury. He won't gain anything fighting Haye. He should chase Wilder instead to unify the WBC titles with his titles. Then after that maybe Haye should find a way to become the mandatory challenger which I believe the easiest way is to move up in IBF rankings since they are more strict in ordering a mandatory challenger fights.