What do you make of Bute's trainers comments ?

The_budweiser

Lucian Bute has been urged to elbow James DeGale 'right in the f****** eyes' in Saturday night's IBF world title fight.

The Canadian-Romanian's trainer, Howard Grant, has told Bute to resort to dirty tactics if Briton DeGale uses his shoulder or elbow during his title defence in Quebec City.

As Bute bids to reclaim the super-middleweight belt that he held between 2007 and 2012 – with locals labelling the fight 'La Reconquete' – the overblown advice also includes an order to hit DeGale 'right in the balls' in the showdown at Centre Videotron.

'If this guy pulls that s*** with you, you've got to elbow him right in the face,' is Grant's advice to 35-year-old Bute.

'Maybe the ref will warn the guy. If not, you have to elbow him in the face or hit him right in the balls, Hate's part of the business. Some guys do anything to get under your skin.

'If he tries to pull that s***, I'll tell Lucian to elbow him right in the f****** eyes in the middle of the ring when the ref's back is turned. Period.

'It's part of the game. You want to play dirty, we'll play dirty. You hit me in the balls, I'll hit you in the balls.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-3333638/Lucian-Bute-told-elbow-James-DeGale-f-eyes-British-world-champion-resorts-dirty-tactics.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Re: What do you make of Bute's trainers comments ?

“They think it’s going to be a boxing match, but it will be a destruction.

It will be explosive. Three rounds – place your bets. Trust me.” – James DeGale

“I have the power to knock him out and the skills to box him.I’m just ready to become world champion again.” – Lucian Bute

Final Quotes from James DeGale & Lucian Bute ahead of Saturday's fight

Final Quotes from James DeGale & Lucian Bute ahead of Saturday's fight - - Boxing News - Ring News24

Re: What do you make of Bute's trainers comments ?

While it would be really cool for Bute to reclaim his title after all these years, I think him elbowing his opponent in the face would not really help his case. And the fact that his trainer gave him this advice, is totally unprofessional in my opinion.