Frank Warren ; I'm Done With Derek Chisora

[h=1]Frank Warren: I’m done with Dereck Chisora[/h]Queensberry Promotions cut ties with heavyweight Dereck Chisora

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/DereckChisora.jpg Action Images

FRANK WARREN has confirmed that he has severed ties with former British and European heavyweight champion, Dereck Chisora. The 31-year-old had been with the promoter since turning professional in 2007, and his record currently stands at 22-5 (14).

“Queensberry Promotions will no longer be promoting or working with Dereck Chisora,” was the succinct statement from the promotional outfit.

“Del Boy” won his first 14 contests – picking up the British title in his 13th when he halted a shopworn Danny Williams in two rounds – before he turned up out of shape for a 2011 showdown with Tyson Fury. Chisora lost that contest over 12 rounds, but was handed a European title shot five months later against Robert Helenius in Helsinki. Despite a stirring effort that should have reaped better reward, the Zimbabwe-born Londoner was controversially defeated on the cards after 12.

Despite his second loss, Chisora secured a shot at then-WBC heavyweight champion, Vitali Klitschko in his next outing. A brave effort – that resulted in another points defeat – was overshadowed by his antics before and after the bout, when he slapped Vitali at the weigh-in, spat at brother Wladimir before the opening bell, and then got into a brawl with David Haye at the post-fight press conference.

With his licence suspended by the BBBofC, a money-spinning contest with Haye was organised under the alien Luxembourg Commission. Chisora lost again after being stopped in the fifth round of their Summer 2012 showdown.

He won five consecutive fights after that, winning the EBU belt along the way, before being trounced by Fury in a November rematch. Since then, Chisora dispensed with long-time coach Don Charles, scored a first round knockout, and looked dreadful while scoring a September 10-round points win over Marcelo Nascimento.

When asked to comment on the breakup further, Warren simply said: “I’m done. End of story.”

Re: Frank Warren ; I'm Done With Derek Chisora

We got that press release. After working 8 of the last 9 days, a minimum of 12 hours both days and nights. I skipped doing PR today, to watch the excellent Russian card live (and do a report). Will be back on the PR tomorrow :)

No great surprises that Chisora has moved on but he has been treated well by Warren. He's also left trainer Don Charles. I wish him well and we will see where this move takes him - probably into the path of the Joshua vs Whyte winner.