Andy Ruiz - Fight starting NOW.

Cableaddict

Re: Andy Ruiz - Fight starting NOW.

Well, that's over.

Ruiz still has dat hand speed. He also had plenty of gas left at the end, though oddly it was only an 8 round fight.

But Zambano was nothing but a punching bad with legs. (And a granite chin.) Move along folks, nothing to see here......

I'm looking forward to Andy's next fight, as long as it's against an actual opponent. He's still tubby, but never boring.

I feel like a lost might encourage him and his team to dedicate themselves into getting Andy in better fighting shape.

They already tried their best. - That's why he took so much time off. His trainer said no more fights until he dropped X amount of pounds. Sadly, Andy got down to around 235 IIRC, so they scheduled this bout, then he ballooned back up to 248 1/2.

Andy's just never gonna' be trim, that's obvious now. He is what he is, but he sure is exciting to watch. I'm stating to doubt his power, though. That's three fights in a row that went the distance, and he was teeing off on Zumbano's head like it was softball practice.

With only a 74" reach, against elite opposition (Not Joe Hanks, Tor Hammer, Mathew Greer, etc) Andy's going to have to move in & out a LOT, and never let up his output when on the inside. Carrying around that spare tire, the guy will never last 12 grueling rounds. I think he'll be fun to watch while it lasts, but he'll never make the top ten.

--- Too many fighters to count have proven it don't take body beautiful to win against the best.

Ken Norton likely had the best heavyweight physique ever with excellent technique, skills, and power, yet is never mentioned as being one of the elite heavies.

Here's Ruiz at 255 lbs, clearly a one off physique that should be respected for allowing itself to be critiqued by internet warriors and trained by hamhanded trainers and their staffs who would have the poor boy running 10 miles a day until he was completely ruined for fighting. Where is the spare tire? Care to post any of your selfies in a similar pose?

andy-ruiz-weigh-in.jpg

--- Too many fighters to count have proven it don't take body beautiful to win against the best.

Ken Norton likely had the best heavyweight physique ever with excellent technique, skills, and power, yet is never mentioned as being one of the elite heavies.

Well, Norton beat Ali twice. :haha:

Besides, we're not talking about odd physiques. We're talking about excess fat, that robs the body of oxygen. There's no getting past that.

Here's Ruiz at 255 lbs, clearly a one off physique that should be respected for allowing itself to be critiqued by internet warriors and trained by hamhanded trainers and their staffs who would have the poor boy running 10 miles a day until he was completely ruined for fighting. Where is the spare tire? Care to post any of your selfies in a similar pose?

Send me dem ring girls, and I'll be glad to!

-----------------------

Edited by Cableaddict