Crawford vs Dierry Jean

selij

Crawford vs Dierry Jean

http://www.proboxing-fans.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/crawford-vs-jean-poster-620x330.jpg

Anyone looking forward to this one? Another home-town fight for Terence. The two warriors boast a near-perfect combined record of 55-1 (38 KOs) -- a winning ratio of 98% with nearly 70% of those victories coming by way of KO.

"Terence is well on his way to topping his breakout year in 2014 where he won three career-best world championship victories en route to earning Fighter of the Year accolades,” said Todd duBoef, president of Top Rank. “Now that Terence is a two-division world champion he will be bringing that momentum on October 24 when he returns home to the great fans of Omaha and to HBO, defending his newly-won junior welterweight world title against the Canadian cold front known as Dierry Jean, who has iced seven of his last ten opponents."

Crawford (26-0, 18 KOs), of Omaha, Neb., makes his ring debut as WBO junior welterweight world champion. The consensus Top-10 pound-for-pound fighter will be looking to build on his star-making 2014 which featured three world championship victories as well as Fighter of the Year honors from the BWAA and major media alike. Crawford, 27. captured the vacant WBO junior welterweight crown on April 18, via a devastating sixth-round knockout of once-beaten No. 2 world-rated contender Thomas Dulorme.

Jean (29-1, 20 KOs), a native of Port-au-Prince, Haiti, who now fights out of Montréal, Québec, Canada, returns to the ring riding a four-bout winning streak, with three of those victories coming by way of knockout, since suffering a 12-round decision loss to International Boxing Federation (IBF) junior welterweight world champion Lamont Peterson on January 25, 2014.

Career highlights include an IBF junior welterweight title elimination victory over Cleotis Pendarvis, which led to his world title challenge of Peterson, NABF and NABA super lightweight title victories over Lanardo Tyner, Ivan Cano and Juan Rivera, and NABF lightweight title victories over Mario Perez and Daniel Ruiz. Only Tyner avoided losing by knockout. Jean, 33, is currently world-rated No. 2 by the World Boxing Council (WBC) and No. 6 by the WBO.

Easy win for Crawford or a banana skin..........................?

Re: Crawford vs Dierry Jean

Fight Preview: Terence Crawford vs Dierry Jean in Omaha tonight

by Bobby Mac

http://www.ringnews24.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Terence-Crawford-vs-Dierry-Jean.jpg

Terence Crawford , now 26-0, 18 KO, defends his freshly minted WBO junior welterweight title against Dierry Jean, now 29-1, 20 KO, Saturday, October 24th at the CenturyLink Center, Omaha, Nebraska.

The 33 year old Jean is a native of Haiti based in Montréal, Québec as are many other Haitians and other foreign fighters. I haven’t seen much of him, but clearly he comes to fight with 20 knockouts. He’s also quick handed and fast afoot, so this looks like a solid, game matchup for true fighting fans who enjoy not only the sweet science of true fighters, but also fast action and those virtuoso moments of impact when the drunken chicken dances start.

Read more: Terence Crawford vs Dierry Jean in Omaha tonight - - Boxing News - Ring News24

This could be a REALLY entertaining fight.

Crawford is incredible, of course, but Jean aint no pushover. He's fast, aggressive, and exciting.

I predict a high-action, short fight, with somebody (probably Jean) eating some canvas.

(I also predict that tomorrow, the sky will be blue. :haha: )

--- Results are in, but it won't be me ruining the spoilers, but regardless Crawford in the mix for some really big fights, Manny being most preeminent.

I may have discovered his weakness in this fight, he attacks with his mouth open like Boner does. Distressed to so such a rookie mistake as this as a big puncher will break his jaw. He's been riding high, but have to wonder if he needs a trainer upgrade? I bet Roach would love to have him.

I think we can discuss it at this point.

Man, Crawford looked sensational! Jean is no slouch, but Crawford was able to completely control him with that lovely jab of his. I thought Crawford fought with the perfect balance of safety and agression. He's really learned to stay composed during a fight, in the last year or so, and the previous holes in his defense (leaning forward, etc) are virtually gone.

This guy really is da' goods.

I didn't notice the open mouth, though. Now I have to re-watch the fight!